LegacyGT.com

K&N Typhoon No Tune?????

Regal05LGT

I have done some searching around, and I was left left empty handed with a solid answer. I just bought the typhoon, and I do not know whether it's cool to run stock or I need a tune. I have an accessport coming soon as well, will those maps support the intake? Sorry for the noob questions, I just cannot come up with a clear answer from searching.

You will be OK. You may just need a costom tune if you go stage 2. Because the intake flows more air.
Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

You need a tune, to have the appropriate adjustments made to the the MAF sensor scaling. You will most likely not damage your motor but will be running leaner. Definately should not run any modified maps with the stock intake scaling.

I ran mine w/o an AP for a few months with no problems. You should get a custom tune when you get your AP though. Cobb's OTS maps don't account for stuff like CAI. Just my .02.

Fat people are hard to kidnap!!!

50,000miles no tune no issues ever

History does not entrust the care of freedom to the weak or timid

People sleep peacefully at night cause rough men stand ready to do violence on there behalf

Archived