LegacyGT.com

Should i keep the warranty?

Should i keep the Warranty?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Should i keep the Warranty?

Ok, just bought a 06 LGT limited about 2 weeks ago, got a 4 year 48000 mile warranty for $1600....thing is im going to mod the car atleast to stage one, if not stage 2, and im going to do my own oil changes/maintenance...dont i have to show sproof of maintenance for the warranty to work? They will so a full refund up to 90 days after...im just not sure if its a waste of money...oh yai got 57000+ miles ont he car. Thanks for any input.:spin:

lol...this is making me feel great :p ....but anyway im saying should i just bank that 1600 that a spent on the warranty since it may not be covered due to mods? what i really need to know is if i do my own maintenance is the warranty still in affect? if anyone happens to know that...remember to vote! thanks

Every dealership is different with warrantees, especially extended ones. If you're going to play past stage one though, i would say cash out the 1600 bucks and save it when/if something goes wrong because the dealership probably won't help you if you have an aftermarket DP (or if you don't unmarry the AP before you go in)

• 2 weeks later...

So this warranty is to extend the car out to 57000 + 48000 or 105000.

I don't think 1600 is that bad a deal for a turbo out past 100k, so I don't really think you did that bad. Prices are alll over the places with those, some dealerships very flexible, others, not at all.

Is it a Subaru or 3rd party warranty? If its a 3rd party warranty, you'd probably be better off getting your money back in your pocket. I don't know of too many people that have had great luck with those.

In any event , I think, 1st, you need to read the fine print in the warranty. Probably need a magnifying glass and some coffee to make it through it, but the devil is in the details of those things.

Second, if you know for sure which dealership you'd be using for warranty work, you should go have a chat with them. Sometimes it helps if you buy your maintenance parts through them as well.

Either way, hope things work out for you.

I had a third party warranty on my 1990 300zx and got over $3000 in drivetrain work with no problem. It all depends on what you are going to do with your car. Stage 1 you will be fine. A simple flash and you are back to stock. If you go stage 2 are you going to take off the dp when you have to get it worked on? If you will then get the warranty if it gives you piece of mind. Just a note some dealer are d*cks. I took my car i for the dash rattle and he told me I would have to take off my coil overs for them to find the problem. He said because my car is "highly modified" . Wait till he sees me 20g and EWG. :)
Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

Archived