LegacyGT.com

Turn your car into a Plug-In Hybrid:

Why wait for the Volt when you can convent almost any car you want into a plug-in. http://www.poulsenhybrid.com/

Heard about this from autoblog. http://www.poulsenhybrid.com/_images//hybridImg.jpg

Seems to be an external kit you latch on to your rear hubs and pack the battery in the trunk. Mostly useful for highway cruising I'm guessing. They claim that it can be applied to 95% of vehicles out there but how can this possibly work on an AWD system? I think its only meant for FWDs though it would be cool to take any body style/vehicle you currently own and make it more fuel efficient without having to opt for a smaller econobox or funky hybrid. Also the kit is said to cost $3300, so its not necessary about the fuel savings costs but more so on helping America become less energy dependent.

Though it is said to have a 100mile range I believe and weighs 200-300lbs so if the battery runs dead then you're engine will be under a heavier load.

who cares hybrids are not the solution its like putting a band aid on a gaping wound. The real solution is to invade oil rich nations and steal their oil, dig up Alaska, and build more refineries. Sad but true.

If you dont like that stop complaining about the price of oil. Cause it is the only immediate solution.

The Long term solution which can take a decade to implement is to start converting to PRACTICAL alternate energy sources.

Everybody converts to electric you start stressing the already stressed energy grid. Build more power plants and we now have a problem with coal, gas, oil supplied power plants, or more nuclear waste.

who cares hybrids are not the solution its like putting a band aid on a gaping wound. The real solution is to invade oil rich nations and steal their oil, dig up Alaska, and build more refineries. Sad but true.

If you dont like that stop complaining about the price of oil. Cause it is the only immediate solution.

Lol, thanks for your insight I guess not really... number one we already invaded oil rich Iraq and that has only worsened things. Then number two: Alaska's reserve are said to fuel the US with about 3-6months worth at its current consumption rate. Both scenarios are not as immediate as you wishfully believe, it takes time to actually stabilize regions, develop infrastructure and extract the resources.

Hybrids can help reduce demand is all I'm saying.

number one we already invaded oil rich Iraq and that has only worsened things.

Thats cause we havent started pumping sh*t out of the ground yet onto oil tankers. We gotta get rid of the pesky terrorist sabotage/security problem first. They don't get it we could have Iraq looking like Dubai in no time if they stop being stubborn.

• 2 weeks later...

exactly.. if the war was about the oil like everyone says it was.. why havent we taken it yet?

Start drilling.. use polar bear skeletons to support the drilling rig for all I care..

I dont see how this strap on hybrid works? even if it does do something the question is.. does it help enough to counteract the weight and disposal and maint. fees of batteries? probably not.. but it seems the dumb masses are very very short sighted.

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

Archived