LegacyGT.com

Stock 08 fog lights

I have the OEM on the 08 2.5i and personally they are there in my mind for decoration...when you turn them on you have to look at the dash board to see if they are on...they shed very little light on the road when used...

If they are the same as the '06 LGT fogs...just put in some decent bulbs (PIAA Exrteme White) and get the aim right...they are all you need :):)

Thanks...also I did not know that you could aim them...this Subie surprises me each day...thanks

If they are the same as the '06 LGT fogs...just put in some decent bulbs (PIAA Exrteme White) and get the aim right...they are all you need :):)

Just the bulbs? I think he also needs the housing.

Anyways, IIRC, the '08 OEM fogs are around $300-$350 w/o installation, and are different from the older models' fogs.

I'm also looking to get fogs meself, but have nothing to cough up for em :redface:

2006 SWP 3.0R 5EAT VDC BBQ

2008 OBP 2.5i 4EAT BBQ [RIP]

Get the OEM fog shrouds but aftermarket lights. The wiring is there to use the OEM controls, if you buy the stalk from a car with foglights.

I plan to do this to my 2.5i, as opposed to spending $250+ on stockers, I can spend half of that and get better perfornamce that will actually work in FOG.

If you really want stockers, there is a set in the For Sale section...

Get the OEM fog shrouds but aftermarket lights. The wiring is there to use the OEM controls, if you buy the stalk from a car with foglights.

I plan to do this to my 2.5i, as opposed to spending $250+ on stockers, I can spend half of that and get better perfornamce that will actually work in FOG.

If you really want stockers, there is a set in the For Sale section...

by 'shrouds' do you mean the bezels (housing)?

I replaced both my low's and my fog's with some Hella Extreme white bulbs, the light output looks really nice. People think I have HID's in when it's just a simple bulb replacement for both.

The other nuisance about the 08's is that the housing doesn't come painted to match the exterior paint. I got mine painted to match my car colour, looks much nicer.

I replaced both my low's and my fog's with some Hella Extreme white bulbs, the light output looks really nice. People think I have HID's in when it's just a simple bulb replacement for both.

The other nuisance about the 08's is that the housing doesn't come painted to match the exterior paint. I got mine painted to match my car colour, looks much nicer.

question:

are these the bulbs in the picture?

http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/cc591b7bba.jpg

or are they the bulb housings? because i found a site online where i can get the bezels separately for less than $20 each and i was thinking i can get the bulbs separately as well. i just don't know if the ones in that picture are the housings or not.

Aside from looking nice, did the bulb replacement illuminate better?

I don't have to worry about painting them....they are already black.:)

Aside from looking nice, did the bulb replacement illuminate better?

I don't have to worry about painting them....they are already black.:)

Yes, the foglight bulb replacement does light up quite nicely now. Since I put in the same Hella White bulbs for both the Lows and the Fog lights, I like to have all 4 on at once. A few friends have commented saying my car looks like it has HID's in, when all I have is just the Extreme White bulbs.

I'll see if I can take a picture tonight with my car and the light bulb output of both.

• 5 months later...
Trying to follow forum threads on "how to change your foglight bulbs" but didnt have much success. It seems like all thread were talking about 07' or earlier foglight settings, which I thought was different from 08 onwards. Any tips on how to change your 08 foglight bulbs? I got a pair of PIAA Plasma Ion for about a week, tried to put them on two times, but seemed not to have the right tool, or the right skill :(

• 7 months later...

Archived