LegacyGT.com

Many new features

Tide

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
yah, no kidding. It's actually kinda lame. It doesn't even flow with the site. Default light blue theme, with a big honkin' black top...as stated...of a SHIFT KNOB. And hell, it doesn't even show "Subaru" or a car for a clue. 1/10.
I'm pleasantly surprised... It was most certainly worth the couple bucks and 10 mins of my time.

CLICK HERE FOR THE HOGZAUST

Hey guys, I'm cool and all with some real feedback, like pointing out a thread I had forgotten about, but try to remember I put alot of time and effort into numerous designs before testing this one out for the weekend. The header needs to be thinner, able to scale to 100%, and include search. Very few of the headers presented addressed any of these goals. If noone truly likes it, the space it saves, or the increased functionality it offers, we can offer the old one in a different style which continuing to tweak this one.

Simply saying it sucks is pretty unhelpful. Please provide positive suggestions on whats missing and what else you'd like to see and I'll be happy to post up more options.

Guest heightsgtltd

I appreciate that you put effort into this, but as with other things that you offer, it might be helpful to get input from members on here.

None of the ones that people suggested in the other thread could be used or modified to fit the specifications you need? :confused:

You could also ask for new submissions if you have particular design or criteria in mind

I actually wanted to do this myself rather than start something up again and not get back to it for 2 years. Setting aside a weekend to do it, and do it myself, is the best way to make sure it gets done. Come Tuesday I'm back on at work 80 hrs / week.

Thanks, but I've already redesigned it on people's feedback. This is something I've looked forward to having the time to do over the past few months.

We do having other themes, so it might be fun to have unique tops for all of them if you're interested.

Scaling works by have an area that can repeat either by image or by color, so the top looks nice no matter the browser width. In my attached image above, the black is the scaling color.

oh, and if you could tell me how the scaling works, I'll make sure to make something that works

That looks better... now just change the font for "Legacy" to Subaru's "Legacy" font and it will look great! (still not a fan of the black...)

Yep....Sebberry hit the nail on the head. I like the header...just add the Legacy like the other one you designed and change the font. That would be perfect!

Rehab is for quitters.

That Legacy is a Subaru trademark, and I've needed to remove it for some time.

The Legacy "font" or the Legacy "picture"? Believe you mean font, but wanted to clarify as it seems like most are not liking the new font so much.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Guest heightsgtltd
Actually, my half-joking initial take on it was that Tide had received a cease and desist which is why we were no longer lgt.com, and are now an unofficial enthusiast community..

Yeah, sorry, I guess I should explain thats not a new font, thats always been the font we've used (for several years) on shirts, stickers, and the calendars. I've researched everything as far as US trademarks exist.

I'll be changing the default theme, but I'm also going to copy over and have the "Classic" style around for anyone to still use. You'll have a choice, will get to it tonight.

Archived