LegacyGT.com

friggin korean old lady just scratched the hell out of my bumper.

Rofflecopter.

Lol @ old lady Koreanz driverz. And I'm not Korrrean

PS old Korean men even more lol [ame=http://youtube.com/watch?v=z-WMd5rW1fc]YouTube - Korean History Channel - inner city problem[/ame]

so do you guys know which dealer in SoCal does bodywork?

No need to go to the dealer for body work Tony. There is good body shop across the parking lot from the shop. They do good work and are very inexpensive.

so do you guys know which dealer in SoCal does bodywork?
I had a similar incident in San Diego, but whoever hit me just left. I took my car to Riverside Subaru and they quoted me just about $650, which I thought was extremely high. Sorry can't help more but don't bother with Riverside Subaru.

PS - I'll be interested in what people say because my 3 scrapes are still on my front bumper.

No need to go to the dealer for body work Tony. There is good body shop across the parking lot from the shop. They do good work and are very inexpensive.

:whore: They quoted me $350 to respray my bumper. I plan on getting it done next week.

OK well here's what happened.

I was in K town going to the grocery store. I find a parking spot. I park, and as i'm about to get out of the car, boom.

At first I was like.. wtf.. did I just stall my car or something?

Then I get out of my car, looking for damage, and find paint deep scratches and a ding on my driver's side rear bumper and quarter panel.

I look over furiously, and there's this 50s korean lady in her car, who didn't even realize she hit me. WTF?:mad:

pretty much what she did was, she was parking next to me, and turned way to wide to clear my car, and hit my rear left bumper with her front ride bumper.

So I tell her to get out of the car, and she's like.."what for?"

(this conversation was all in korean by the way)

"mam, you just hit my car"

"no I didn't'

"....yes you did"

"what's the matter with you? you're younger than me, why are you treating me like this?"

"just get out of the car and look what you've done"

she gets out..looks at my car and says "so?"

....are you f-in kidding me?

"what do you mean so? you're gonna have to pay for this!"

"what's with the attitude i'm older than you!"

"give me your information. license.. registration.. insurance.. etc etc"

"oh no.. I don't want to.. I'll just give you cash... besides, it's not even a benz, so it won't even be that much.. and since it's not a benz, your car is a cheap car. I'll give you a hundred bucks for it"

(she drives a trashed kia sedona..)

"give me your info or i'm calling the cops"

so she hands me all her information.. and continues to bitch...

meanwhile i'm writing down all her info and she's standing right next to me yelling in my ear "why are you writing all that down? you don't need all that info, just my name!"

I pretty much wrote everything from her license, registration, and insurance...

and then she threatens me by saying she's gonna take pictures of my car, and the damage etc etc..

she pulls out an old camera with film in it, takes one pic, and it runs out of film lol..

then her friend that she was supposed to meet joins the scene and says that she knows a body shop that can do it for real cheap, and that all I needed was touch up paint. she takes down all my info, and then says that i'm the same age as her son.. but I look years older than him... ok thank you :rolleyes:

I talked to my insurance, reported the accident, and they referred me to a shop.. it was like.. Modern..auto.. or something like that. they quoted me for about a thousand.

This included repainting the rear bumper, color matching, and straightening out the rear quarter panel ding as well. supposedly it's a two day job..

since she didn't want me to go through my insurance, I spent the whole f-in day looking for a decent body shop, and got quotes, and then I called her.

she decides it's too much cash, and now wants me to claim it with her insurance.

therefore, I don't care how much they charge. They could charge 5000 dollars for all I care. I'm not giving her a single dime. As long as I get OEM quality finish, and make it look just it new, and not a shit job, i'm fine with it.

yeah I'll stop by them on tuesday when I go to your shop for stg 2.

see if I can make a profit out of this lol :cool:

I sadly was the IT Administrator for Riverside Subaru/Acura. Yes they have a bodyshop and the price to sand/prep/paint a bumper to them cost $500 on average.

But like others have said I STRONGLY suggest you find another place to go to because they blow.

Chino Subaru uses Caliber Collision and they just suck! They redid my car 3 times before I finally got fed up with them...

yeah I went to calibur in riverside, car still has never been really fixed but the last thing I wanted to do was give it back to them after being without it for almost 2 months for just a door replacement.

WOW, the Riverside one sucks too? Just say NO to Caliber Collision!

I feel your pain, after the third time, I basically told them to f'off. Nice front office, but the quality of their work is just too poor for anyone who cares about their car.

Archived