LegacyGT.com

305 for tints?

yay getting tints tomarrow (friday)! still dont know if i want 15% or 20% think i might just go for the 15 in the light you can see whos in the car the 20 kind of...wish someone put up a pic of 15% to compare...:-D

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I paid $280 for 100% metallic, formula one brand, 28% in front 18% in back, dark charcoal tint. Kind of wish I went darker but oh well...

formula one is a great company - you'll be fine with their metallic tint, they don't mess around! it's high quality and will last the life of your car :)

yay getting tints tomarrow (friday)! still dont know if i want 15% or 20% think i might just go for the 15 in the light you can see whos in the car the 20 kind of...wish someone put up a pic of 15% to compare...:-D

imo, if you are going black or a dark charcoal, i'd go 20% for night driving purposes. If you have a dark interior people will barely be able to see you with 20% - during the day, you can see just about a silohouette when all windows are closed and with sunroof open only you still can't see much. either way 15% or 20%, it'll be plenty dark.

brian

i just can never make my mind up....i did the same thing with choosing either a silver or black LGT....i went with silver because it was the first one i drove :cool:

I wanted black on black but came across my car so went with Silver on red

I did find the metallic tint to cut my am reception, but fm has been fine with no issues. Always use the same shop. Wish i knew what brand, but everytime they have done great job, no bubbles. tint cut right up to the edge of the glass and never peeled or changed color on any of my past vehicles. 7 yrs no problems on my old truck.

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

imo, if you are going black or a dark charcoal, i'd go 20% for night driving purposes. If you have a dark interior people will barely be able to see you with 20% - during the day, you can see just about a silohouette when all windows are closed and with sunroof open only you still can't see much. either way 15% or 20%, it'll be plenty dark.

I'm planning on doing 20%, but have tan interior. I want it to be DARK, but not like pure black. Think I should go 15?

If you don't vote Trump, out, you're a bigot who hates america.

I'm planning on doing 20%, but have tan interior. I want it to be DARK, but not like pure black. Think I should go 15?

15 or 20% are almost the same. I'd go with the 20% though. I had 15% on my durango & it was nearly impossible to see out the windows at night.

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

mmm that's what I figured. You guys have any clue as about what a 3M Clear bra should cost? For just the front bumper?

formula one is a great company - you'll be fine with their metallic tint, they don't mess around! it's high quality and will last the life of your car :)

I have been very happy with it, it has been on the car for about 6 weeks now. Don't know how I lived without it.

1639142697_2005GRPLGTunlimited.JPG.8f38f9d3450581f704c183575c017eb7.JPG

mmm that's what I figured. You guys have any clue as about what a 3M Clear bra should cost? For just the front bumper?

I hate clearbra. I've never seen one that doesnt eventually end up looking like someone saran wrapped the front of your car or that looks like contact paper.

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

I hate clearbra. I've never seen one that doesnt eventually end up looking like someone saran wrapped the front of your car or that looks like contact paper.

That's what I'm worried about. I am just trying to protect the front of the car because of the shitty paint :mad:

no way. 3 yrs on mine on the LGT and looks pretty good considering the beating it's gone thru. only thing holding the paint on the car! 1 yr on the 07 STI and 1 month on the 08 STI.
Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

That's what I'm worried about. I am just trying to protect the front of the car because of the shitty paint :mad:

the clearbra won't be as visually noticeable on a lighter car as compared to a darker car - so it shouldn't be bad on your SWP fwiw. if you do decide to have it installed, just be anal about getting it perfect - you're paying for a service! :)

brian

$200 for all windows including windshield banner last month.

what's the banner say? "Hot to Trot"? :lol::lol::lol:

from a picture, probably not - but charcoal is a 'softer' black. your tint guy should have a piece of glass of each tint he can sell you. From there, you can be your own judge about what you like the best.

+1 billion. Thank you! :):)

I don't want to be the tint nazi... but....:rolleyes:

What most people on here don't realize, is their 100-200 buck tint job is 98% of the time METALLIC - unless your best friend is the tint guy. The tints that will run you in the upper $300's-$500 will be CERAMIC (unless your a complete impulse buyer and don't do any research). Good ceramic tints will keep the heat out in the summer, and let the heat stay in your car during the winter.

Metallic tints can affect things like radio reception, NAV, and the cheapest tint can even affect your cell phone reception in some areas with low service as well as RDD performance (that's assuming your RDD is 360 degree protection).

Cheap tints are dyed, which will lead to fading over time - we've all seen the faded purple tints on older cars.

A true, high quality tint (let's say HO or formula one) will be layered and use the best materials to deter UV and IR rays from entering your vehicle. I would just estimate a cheap metallic tint blocks maybe 40-50%(max) while a truly good ceramic tint can block up to 82% of IR & UV.

Sure, 150 bucks seems like a good deal at the moment - but i'd think twice, i'd ask the tinter what manufacturer of tint he uses, and i'd ask if it's ceramic or metallic. You will see the price of tint almost double for a ceramic based tint. People ask me if i'm crazy that i spent 400 bucks for my HO tint, i just tell them to call me in a year or two and we'll park our cars next to each other so i can laugh at their faded, craptastic tint. ;)

Heck, get a car with cheap tint, and a light colored interior and park it next to someone with Huber Optik/Formula One with black leather interior in the sun for a few hours. I would gladly bet the latter person's car will be cooler, and have doubled the amount of IR & UV rays blocked.

If your gonna spend money on your car, do it right - no actually do whatever you'd like, it's your car. This is just some info i've gathered/learned from a little bit of research. It's like comparing hogzawst w/ a perrin tbe. ;)

I might just be a sucker...but...when I went to get my tint, the local tint guy talked me out of getting ceramic tint. I went there because they were one of the few places close to me that had it in stock. He said is wasn't worth the price premium. He sold me a charcoal 35% tint, that he said, was not metallic. I am not, by far, a tint expert; so my comments sould be taken with a grain of salt. Maybe thermal blockage wasn't taken into account? IDK, lifetime warranty on the tint for bubbles, fading and/or peeling so, wtf, looks sweet...:cool:

FYI:

Standard Tint Job: $180

Cermaic Tint Job: $350

I didn't tint my car for insulation or anything though. Nor do I care if it gets f-ed up in a few years :lol: If that happens I'll get it re-done & it'll end up costing the same in the end. It takes a looooong time for tint to get messed up.

got my tints yesterday 5% back 15% front 6 windows charcoal, looks AWESOME! I can see just fine at night...sucks not rolling the windows down until monday though especially being a smoker lmao

There is only one reputable tinter around here, I paid $200 to have it installed on my LGT, and $132 to have the State Patrol meter it (17% versus the 22% the tinter told me) for me. :lol:

There is only one reputable tinter around here, I paid $200 to have it installed on my LGT, and $132 to have the State Patrol meter it (17% versus the 22% the tinter told me) for me. :lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Archived