LegacyGT.com

305 for tints?

5% is DARK!

I got 20% all around & if I were to do it again I'd go even lighter like 35%

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
its been so long im kind of forgetting i made a join appointment at another place with my fathers and my car so its 190 for my car nd 165 for his 2 door accord...not bad i guess...better than 305...can some of you guys post up pics of your tint with the % of tint you have? not sure if i want 15 or 20 % up front...

its been so long im kind of forgetting i made a join appointment at another place with my fathers and my car so its 190 for my car nd 165 for his 2 door accord...not bad i guess...better than 305...can some of you guys post up pics of your tint with the % of tint you have? not sure if i want 15 or 20 % up front...

dude go with 20% all around.

Pics you asked for

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h213/Rcoxx/DSC00377.jpg

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h213/Rcoxx/DSC00380.jpg

& my original GT

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h213/Rcoxx/DSC00344.jpg

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h213/Rcoxx/DSC00343.jpg

that was before this happened to it though

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h213/Rcoxx/untitled.jpg

all 20% all the way around

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

your extra .02 is worthless :p:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

There's no extra charge for illegal tints here dude the shops dont care. It's your problem not theirs.

jerk, I can rebuttle that! ;)

I don't know about new york, but around here (boulder at least) tint shops are not allowed to tell/advertise that they can do tints below the legal percentage - not exactly sure why; but, i presume if someone gets in trouble for tints they can claim the shop told them it was legal which leads to the shop getting in trouble. The place that finally did my tints after ALOT of shopping around would not give me a paper reciept or anything that ties them to tinting my windows past the legal percentage - they would not even accept CC or checks for any tint job that was 'illegal'. My 'receipt' is technically a polariod picture of my car which the shop keeps in a binder :) (it's a detailing place, so everything else they do is by the book.)

so my .02 was worth something to somebody! :lol: and yes i agree, 15-20% all around is good stuff. I have no problem seeing at night unless someone is driving with their lights off ;)

(sorry bout your old ride BTW, but the wagon is look pretty slick!)

brian

:lol::lol::lol: Ya I just wanted to bust your balls about it.

In NY it's not like that. You can pretty much do anything & the responsibility is yours :lol:

You're right though you're .02 is worth something somewhere

Must be nice to live in the states. We have to bend over and take it here. I was quoted over $500 for my sedan.

$250 for the back 5 windows and $285 for the front 2.

But it would be nice to have something to block the sun reflecting off my igloo.

Where are you getting it done? I was planning on calling Putnam Window Tint next week and get my shit done next weekend but not if they're gonna charge that much.

If you don't vote Trump, out, you're a bigot who hates america.

Must be nice to live in the states. We have to bend over and take it here. I was quoted over $500 for my sedan.

$250 for the back 5 windows and $285 for the front 2.

But it would be nice to have something to block the sun reflecting off my igloo.

:lol::lol::lol:

that's crazy man. I had a durango like 6-7 years ago & it was $50 or 60 bucks to get just the front 2 windows tinted

Must be nice to live in the states.

sure is :)

It is insane. At least this guy looked me in the eye when he screwed me.

It still hurts but at least he spared my feelings.

A few years back i had my entire car (5 series) tinted by my mechanic and it cost me $150. Awsome job.

I'm going to beg him to do this car.

15% charcoal = 20% black, keep in mind the interior color makes a big difference. I prefer charcoal look over true black. $220 5 windows

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/vxcl/legacy/provas/IMG_1102.jpg

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/vxcl/legacy/provas/IMG_1106.jpg

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/vxcl/legacy/NJshore/800_1e.jpg

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

thanks for the pics guys, anyone have any of 15% black? 20% i guess is dark enough for me but i really dont like ppl seeing me lol...is that white car the same car? just changed the rims im assuming...?

nemo, im getting them done at silver lining in danbury ct on millplane rd, pm me if you want their number...finally someone around the area that has the same car would be cool to make up a meet with a couple cars maybe you could shed some knowledge on me

$190 here in Maryland. Contract stated that if you got 35% tint the slight stock tint that comes on the car would bring it down to like 30%; below the 35% state limit. So...I got the 35% and put the reciept in my glovebox. Said it was rare to get pulled over and po-po would have to meter it.

nemo, im getting them done at silver lining in danbury ct on millplane rd, pm me if you want their number...finally someone around the area that has the same car would be cool to make up a meet with a couple cars maybe you could shed some knowledge on me

Yeah, PM me their number if you could. I am still gonna call Putnam Window because I want a clear bra put on, and they're a 3M certified installer (don't know if that really means anything), but I'd like to get everything done all at once.

If you don't vote Trump, out, you're a bigot who hates america.

if you go to monroe CT tint man lifetime guarentees his tints, does 35, 20, and 5. I have his # he did my friends 2000 S4 a while back she had a tint rip replaced it free of charge....

they quoted me 180 for all windows 35%

if you go to monroe CT tint man lifetime guarentees his tints, does 35, 20, and 5. I have his # he did my friends 2000 S4 a while back she had a tint rip replaced it free of charge....

they quoted me 180 for all windows 35%

it costs teh same no matter what % you get

dont really see the difference in the charcoal...

from a picture, probably not - but charcoal is a 'softer' black. your tint guy should have a piece of glass of each tint he can sell you. From there, you can be your own judge about what you like the best.

You guys who are quoting different prices are failing to state what type of tint was used... That will have a big impact on price.

+1 billion. Thank you! :):)

I don't want to be the tint nazi... but....:rolleyes:

What most people on here don't realize, is their 100-200 buck tint job is 98% of the time METALLIC - unless your best friend is the tint guy. The tints that will run you in the upper $300's-$500 will be CERAMIC (unless your a complete impulse buyer and don't do any research). Good ceramic tints will keep the heat out in the summer, and let the heat stay in your car during the winter.

Metallic tints can affect things like radio reception, NAV, and the cheapest tint can even affect your cell phone reception in some areas with low service as well as RDD performance (that's assuming your RDD is 360 degree protection).

Cheap tints are dyed, which will lead to fading over time - we've all seen the faded purple tints on older cars.

A true, high quality tint (let's say HO or formula one) will be layered and use the best materials to deter UV and IR rays from entering your vehicle. I would just estimate a cheap metallic tint blocks maybe 40-50%(max) while a truly good ceramic tint can block up to 82% of IR & UV.

Sure, 150 bucks seems like a good deal at the moment - but i'd think twice, i'd ask the tinter what manufacturer of tint he uses, and i'd ask if it's ceramic or metallic. You will see the price of tint almost double for a ceramic based tint. People ask me if i'm crazy that i spent 400 bucks for my HO tint, i just tell them to call me in a year or two and we'll park our cars next to each other so i can laugh at their faded, craptastic tint. ;)

Heck, get a car with cheap tint, and a light colored interior and park it next to someone with Huber Optik/Formula One with black leather interior in the sun for a few hours. I would gladly bet the latter person's car will be cooler, and have doubled the amount of IR & UV rays blocked.

If your gonna spend money on your car, do it right - no actually do whatever you'd like, it's your car. This is just some info i've gathered/learned from a little bit of research. It's like comparing hogzawst w/ a perrin tbe. ;)

brian

I had Huper optik installed on my car in December for about $450 (it's pricier in Canada :()

I cringe when people say 300+ is a rip-off.. for cheap film, yes.. but if you ask for Huper Optik ceramic by name then you are getting a good product, IMO.

I also wouldn't settle for an installation job where the edges are left with a 5mm gap between the edge of the film and the glass. Shave that sucker up tight to the edge!

i completely agree. HO won't let anybody use their tints either, not sure if the person has to be qualified by them or not - it's hard to come by.

And yep! a good tint will be shaved then filed right to the edge of your window :)

For a moment, I thought I was the only one willing to shell out some extra cash for a good tint!;)

brian

Ouch dude, I'm sorry to hear that - it's a PITA to have tints sometimes, they all tear or fold somewhere. I've been told the rollups (whatever bar helps roll the window :)) are pretty tight on our cars and catch tint all the time.

brian

Archived