LegacyGT.com

LED Fog Lights

DocHolladay23

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've just had a thought. I've always wanted a rear fog light, but the price to put one in is outrageous.

Do these strips come in different colors? possibly a strip could be used in the back to turn on when it's foggy out.

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

I've just had a thought. I've always wanted a rear fog light, but the price to put one in is outrageous.

Do these strips come in different colors? possibly a strip could be used in the back to turn on when it's foggy out.

Yes they do, and they're cheap

ok so everythings apart, but something came up and im not going to be able to finish this until tomorrow :(

oh and in the plug for the corner lights, of the 3 wires which one is the parking light wire?

If you hook them up to the parking lights you will have the LED strip flash apposite of the blinker. That is how I had them hooked up and descided to change it.

Can't believe you bet me to it! Here's my shots, I'll get some more when my car is not rediculously dirty. I'm trying to decide whether to keep the fogs in or not, let me know your opinion!

I think they look great but the real question is what do you "Doc" think they look?

Doc and absolute - both looks great!! :) Makes me want to crack open my housings, yet again! :D

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Thanks, I've decided at this point to just disconnect the fogs but leave them in there. I might eventually get another switch and have them each seperate so I could turn either on when I want to. I think they look pretty good, but would look better if I had them like my previous version, because they were much brighter when they were on the outside of that black piece

If you hook them up to the parking lights you will have the LED strip flash apposite of the blinker. That is how I had them hooked up and descided to change it.

Everythings back together!! My batteries in my cam are dead so they'll have to wait.

But as far as the blinking effect that you described - i was actually hoping for this, as i think it would be cool. So I hooked my leds into the parking light wires, right at the plug, turned on a turn signal, but no blinking leds :confused:

im confused, but i love them! I cant wait to see them tonite! Pics will follow!

Oh and I ended up with the same style as doc!

Gershon I do love how it goes back though!

so here's my little take on the LED fog lights. I kept it simple. Now with doing so I realized I have to put some HID's in to match the colorhttp://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y69/kris4mica/subaru/subylights006.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y69/kris4mica/subaru/subylights007.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y69/kris4mica/subaru/subylights011.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y69/kris4mica/subaru/subylights008.jpg

so here's my little take on the LED fog lights. I kept it simple. Now with doing so I realized I have to put some HID's in to match the color

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y69/kris4mica/subaru/subylights006.jpg

That's sick! I would do that but I think it might be a lil excessive with headlights (unless people want to persuade me to do otherwise ;)). Very nice work tho!

Gershon, I know this is a bit silly, but if you hooked up the LED's to the opposite parking light, wouldn't they be in sync? I know its a stupid way of doing but potentially would work. or wire them to a realy if you want them to flash too

I tried it both ways. One way they flash in sink but they are not on until they flash. The other way they stay on with the parking lights but blink opposite as the blinkers. That was only temporary until I had time to add a switch. I wanted to have them on without the parking light and do not want them to blink like a carnival ride. Here is a good place for a switch. I added the switch to the right of the mirror adjustment knob. No cutting involved just pop out the space filler plug.

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h163/gershon23/switch.jpg

All right now I really need some opinions. I took kris4mica's idea and added that to my setup. They are on there in an easy to remove/make permanent way, so give me a yay or nay on the fogs AND headlights combo

100_0965.thumb.jpg.7dcd6aff90cab3ddae06efd36c06329f.jpg

100_0966.thumb.jpg.8baff2bdd1cf0314d7a6c58e985eb474.jpg

100_0967.thumb.jpg.2bc9a50685ffbdb7d6d80d20f4624ede.jpg

100_0968.thumb.jpg.8024eb3390f602972b5fad76b7380a62.jpg

100_0970.thumb.jpg.080fbbf08ec660b72b9396cfe67de210.jpg

100_0971.thumb.jpg.d00afeba593a3bc291e2ee228bf535e6.jpg

100_0973.thumb.jpg.767cc44ed4a29d7bb35765fbd12a63d4.jpg

100_0976.thumb.jpg.a40ba5e99479439674db598a6f18dd6e.jpg

wow you guys are awesome, thanks for the inspiration. Where are you buying the led strips from the site posted in the 1st post? And im guessing their the flexible ones correct? What inch's did you get for headlights?

Ebay, they're the pvc flexible 48cm LED strip in white

gah, you know I'm interested in this but the last time I took my bumper off I about broke every popit on there.. Apparently they dont age well..

if your car is an 05 be prepared.. buy some extras ahead of time. I was lucky I only broke 1 and damaged 2 or 3.

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

Archived