LegacyGT.com

LED Fog Lights

DocHolladay23

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hows the visabilty with those LEDs? or are they pretty much all show and dont light the road at all? They look nice, but iono if I want to loose my Yellow HID fogs

No better, no worse than the OEM fogs.

The only drawback that I see, is that the lens over the LED cluster is plastic, which I think won't stand up too well to the stone chips. Time will tell.

Wow, PhilT, that looks really good! I'm frankly surprised that their output looks so bright! Is that photograph accurate, regarding their output?

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

I think that those could very well serve as DRLs, or low-speed/close-quarters "nav lights" (i.e. for pulling into the driveway, without waking the entire family with headlights)......

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

I think it looks great. however, if you had halogens like that I would have went with yellowish LEDs or go with a closer to halogen kelvin rating on the leds.. you can get them in "soft white" I think the name is.

you have pics of the install?

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

They do come in various colours, these were supposed to be white, but they have a very purple tinge to them, yellow might have been better.

Sorry but no pics of the install, basically they just push into the housing from the back, and then I used some magic putty to hold them in place, ghetto but effective, and no cutting or drilling needed.

• 1 month later...

Here is my 2 cents!

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h163/gershon23/IMG_0887.jpg

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h163/gershon23/sub-front-led-on2.jpg

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h163/gershon23/IMG_0890.jpg

Need not bother commenting about rice this is an Outback wagon.

I still think using thatk ind of LED "rope" inside the housing so that it comes out through the reflector would do well to replace DRLs for those of us who went HID but still want the DRL look.

they look very bright. Is that true or is the camera doing that?

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

I still think using that kind of LED "rope" inside the housing so that it comes out through the reflector would do well to replace DRLs for those of us who went HID but still want the DRL look.

they look very bright. Is that true or is the camera doing that?

Dammit! Don't tempt me.:rolleyes: They are pretty bright but the camera I have been using does makes them look a lot brighter.

I am going to hook them up to my drl but also have a switch just in case I dont want them on for on reason or another.

nice jobs! Way to pioneer Doc!

I esp like where gershon is headed. But it looks "unfinished", like the top portion needs to "close off" somewhere. Either terminate it on the horizontal where the directional begins...

OR

complete the perimeter of the headlamp...continue the strip along the top portion of the headlamp and terminate at the other end of the LED strip.

I'm a BIG fan of Audi's LED design....takes BMW's halo 'decor' to a new level. I still respect BMW being the one to really step it up a notch when they came out with the Halo's.

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed." - T. Jefferson

...whos done it, if so show it!

LEDs for...

Upper Eyebrow

Lower Eyebrow

Projector Halos

Front Grill

Hoodscoop

Rear BrakeLight

Rear Turnsignal

Sideview Mirror Turnsignal Arrow

Interior Legroom Illumination

Glove Compartment

Trunk Light

Just a thought,

CRAZY KEN

Gershon was brave enough to try what I originally wanted. I have a set of the same LED's in the mail, and when they get here I am going to do what he did, except cut the LED's off at the reflector bar. I believe there is also someone else who's getting them and he's going to run his through the reflector bar. I'll post some pics when it's done! ^ I've got blue LED's illuminating my footwells, I'll get some pics for you if you're interested.

...I believe there is also someone else who's getting them and he's going to run his through the reflector bar...

ahhh yes, I remember someone talking about that too. That will look real sweet.

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed." - T. Jefferson

Archived