LegacyGT.com

Bad gas leaves NJ motorists stranded

jerseyglock

Heads up for fellow NJ LGT owners...

(04/18/08) BLOOMFIELD - Officials believe contaminated gasoline is why dozens of motorists were stranded on the Garden State Parkway and Palisades Parkway in Essex and Bergen counties.

Authorities traced the fuel to two Lukoil stations in Bloomfield and one in Fort Lee.

Parkway spokesman Joe Orlando says about 25 vehicles broke down Thursday night.

Another seven or eight became disabled as they entered the Palisades Interstate Parkway.

Orlando tells The Star-Ledger of Newark apparently a tanker truck brought a shipment of bad gas. Orlando says Lukoil has taken responsibility and will pay for repairs.

Orlando says motorists who received the contaminated fuel should call Lukoil at 1-877-858-9962.

Yeah saw this on TV last night, the cars were lined up all on the side of the highway just after the gas station. Lukoil says they'll pay for all damages which is going to be significant I think. You should have seen the color and consitency of the bad gas. It looked like a latte :eek: Seriously :eek:

Yeah saw this on TV last night, the cars were lined up all on the side of the highway just after the gas station. Lukoil says they'll pay for all damages which is going to be significant I think. You should have seen the color and consitency of the bad gas. It looked like a latte :eek: Seriously :eek:

:eek::eek::eek:

I think I've used Lukoil once in my life. It was on the GSP. Words can't describe how pissed I would have been.:mad:

I'm probably the only person that has Wu-Tang Clan and Paul McCartney on their mp3.:p

They quickly said they would pay for the damage cause they knew they were responsible, a bad tanker of gas can arrive to any gas station considering every single gas station uses the same pipelines that transport gas from the gulf to here. They just put their own additives. I would have been confused if it happened, but relieved because they are paying for it.

They quickly said they would pay for the damage cause they knew they were responsible, a bad tanker of gas can arrive to any gas station considering every single gas station uses the same pipelines that transport gas from the gulf to here. They just put their own additives. I would have been confused if it happened, but relieved because they are paying for it.

Yes, this is what I hear. So basically, it doesn't matter where you get your gas. :eek:

I'm probably the only person that has Wu-Tang Clan and Paul McCartney on their mp3.:p

True - But if this problem had originated from the communal pipelines then you would have had more gas stations experiencing the problem. There wasn't. This happened at the Lukoil depot where they were adding the additives and storing the fuel.

Archived