LegacyGT.com

gotta stop the pop

mand3j

Best way to avoid the popping....don't let off the throttle!;)

lol.... +1

and from experience with magnaflow resonators on 6 cars now, you will drastically reduce rasp, drone, and pop with a PROPERLY sized and placed magnaflow resonator... :cool:

Can you offer any advise for size and placement (for reducing popping)?

Anything bigger than 5in round will give you clearance issues, 18in, put it in the Y pipe.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y279/SteveISU/100_0837.jpg

OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

on a separate approach, is it possible that a lightened pulley could induce or increase the popping as well?

I think I'm reaching, but what the heck...

you're reaching

ignore him, he'll go away.

if your car sounds like the car in the vid you posted I think it sounds fine, a resonator may cut down on that some... a raspy sounding exhaust is what I hate and naturally mine is raspy sounding

popping = good sounds (music to my ears).

it's just like how other people think that our boxer motors sounds like the car is running on 3-cylinders, but I personally love the sound of the boxer motor.

If you don't like the popping, I'd suggest that you get the car retuned so that you don't get this surge of fuel into the system so that it doesn't pop so much. All it is that the unburned fuel is being ignited somewhere closer to the exit of the exhaust pipe.

Popping sounds like that is very common in race cars and especially in rally cars with anti-lag systems.

Keefe

I have it as well cobb catted dp, perrin y, and stock cans, but I def need a protune as I can smell that my car is slighlty on the rich side. Without the stock cans I wonder if I could shoot some flames?

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

can either of you with stock cans and aftermarket dp/mid/y get a sound clip? I'd love to hear how this set up sounds....

this set up was an aftermarket dp, magaflow resonator and no cans... cans would have just made it quieter

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oh871qpc2c0]YouTube - Legacy custom exhaust[/ame]

popping = good sounds (music to my ears).

it's just like how other people think that our boxer motors sounds like the car is running on 3-cylinders, but I personally love the sound of the boxer motor.

If you don't like the popping, I'd suggest that you get the car retuned so that you don't get this surge of fuel into the system so that it doesn't pop so much. All it is that the unburned fuel is being ignited somewhere closer to the exit of the exhaust pipe.

Popping sounds like that is very common in race cars and especially in rally cars with anti-lag systems.

yes and its such a beautiful thing..although an F1 car doing the same thing is a tad bit nicer ;)

this set up was an aftermarket dp, magaflow resonator and no cans... cans would have just made it quieter

YouTube - Legacy custom exhaust

hah, that's pretty loud, I'm trying to go for a quiet set up that sounds good. That's why I'm looking for a clip of everything upstream replaced, running to stock mufflers.

No cans is a big difference from stock cans, lol

So I finally got around to solving my "popping" problem.

I went with a Vibrant 3" dia. Oval resonator part #1142

For anyone interested, this fit really well and the finish on it

is exellent.

hah, that's pretty loud, I'm trying to go for a quiet set up that sounds good. That's why I'm looking for a clip of everything upstream replaced, running to stock mufflers.

No cans is a big difference from stock cans, lol

that's what I was saying...stock cans would be alot quieter...damn, I was just trying to give ya some sort of reference since people weren't exactly lining up to give you sound clips :cool:

Archived