LegacyGT.com

Advice for removing sneaker streaks?

So i had a text book case of vandalism done to my car. There are sneaker smears and streaks on my passenger side door. Is there any way to remove that without a porter cable or pro detail work needed?

2008 6mt Legacy Gt Spec B DGM - Not so Stock/Work in progress

2006 5mt Legacy Gt OBP - Sold

2005 5eat Legacy Gt OBP - RIP

R.I.P Coxx

I have tried swirl remover and tried with a micro fiber towel after a vigorous wash. Still nothing. Any other type of solvent?

R.I.P Coxx

I have a UDM and I'm going to be trying it out this weekend if the weather is good. (Which I'm hearing it's supposed to be.)

If you're around shoot me a PM and you can swing by and we'll take a crack at it.

You might also want to try Goo Gone. I find that stuff will remove pretty much anything. I like to spray it on, wait a couple seconds and wipe it right off with microfiber. Make sure to hit up the spot with some wax or something after, though...

I use it all the time to de-tar, remove stickers and pinstriping and stuff like that.

sounds good man i will hit you up this weekend or something maybe sunday after the meet or sometime during the week since i gotta go to the city on saturday.

R.I.P Coxx

sweet man i can give you the blob stuff too. We can also see how good it works since i just got my paint in too! I will bring my whole paint chip repair kit so you can see how it works since it comes with its own blob eliminator(hence why i am selling the extra one.)

R.I.P Coxx

Honestly, I wouldn't worry about Goo Gone. I've used it for years on probably about 6 different cars and nothing bad has happened because of it.

I've used it to remove pin striping and stickers and to de-badge, de-tar, etc. Like many mild solvents, as long as you don't use it on hot paint in the sun, clean it off completely and protect the paint afterwards you should be fine.

Archived