LegacyGT.com

Vt meet April 27th

VTlgt

I've been a member of VTrides for a couple years now, It was a good group of guys when It first started, but last year it seemed to go downhill so I stayed away from the meets.

I'm glad things have changed, maybe I'll swing by if I get a chance.

2005 LGT w/ dom. 3 + meth - Sold.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, I was in the Maple Fest parade. It was pretty dissapointing that a bunch of the cars decided it would be cool to try and do burnouts, but hopfully that won't happen in the next parade...I think the next parade will go a little smoother if they set some rules before hand :lol:

... no different then when we're all in the Bestbuy parking lot. and FYI 2 major members here who setup the meets here, also attend these meets every week.... make that 3 members now... and I saw a few familiar faces tonight. The cops come by and talk to us... they know the VTrides kids don't mess around and cause trouble, race, etc etc... I wouldn't go if it was like that... I'm not looking to get into trouble... just show off my beaters :)

I was on my way home w/ wifey and decided to pass by. I was happily surprised. The cop was nice, most drivers were friendly and it was a great networking opp. (as just a few reasons). Wifey was also exicted that there were ALOT of girls there.

looking fwd to coming out more. :)

BUST! no one showed up. thanks. im done trying to make meets its up to you now!

I understand how you feel; I've tried to set us up for a year, before it actually formed into what we have now. Aczwild knows.

Even then, there's been times where me and only one member showed to a meet: once, just me and member Gianspi. Another time just me and member Jamiesong... it happens.

It think it'll be good if we try to come out and just take a look at VTRides' meets on Thursdays. Also, possibly show some support to a local club who's already established.

BTW, I stayed at the VTRides meet till around 9pm (nightfall).

Very well put NYtoVT... VTrides is geared specifically for people in VT, Legacygt is all around forum for a much larger group... it's quite funny how many Subaru's we have... look at this picture here...

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd158/car_show_fan/08m94.jpg

There are other WRX's that stop by here and there, and there is another 2 subaru's that are not pictured in this shot that were there as well... so if you came you'd definitely have lots to talk about.

and I definitely didn't see the parade or hear about it... was it a bunch of people who tried to burnout? there were 2 cars that filled in for members that couldn't make it... maybe it was them? the awd cars weren't try'n to burnout, and most of them were awd cars if i'm not mistaken... I would have brought my GTI to fill in but it can't drive slow for any extended amount of time... oh well

http://

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd158/car_show_fan/08m94.jpg

Please note the dirty step child pushed to the edge of the group. :p I swear I would have washed it, but as it is I was rushed home to cook dinner then come back out. :lol:

I'll just toss in my $.02:

The VTRides group is a bit young. For the autozone meets, it's pretty relaxed and there are some interesting people that show up, from jeeps to low-riders to some pretty fast cars. On the whole, they've been pretty good when I've been around, there are moments where the age difference shows, but that has traditionally been when it was having food or something of that nature. For the meets, it's cool and there are some nice people and it's a chance to get out of the house (which I could use more of). I think Charlie has a good point, it'd be nice to support a somewhat local group and we could definitely open it up more for them and meet some decent people, even if it is only occasionally. I know I only show up randomly at best due to pager and other factors....

Whatever, to each their own. :)

The cop was nice

That cop in the escalade ... he personally handed me my rims that were stolen from my garage... he's a good guy... when I went to pick them up at the station, he was like "how you like the new whip?" and pointed to the escalade... My response was "oh ya... that thing is sweet! me and some friends saw it the other night over at big lots..." and i told him about the VTrides and how we just hang out and its a great group...etc etc... but he told me that some kid bought the escalade brand new... had like 400 miles on it... and he loaded it up with a ton of pot, and tried to make it to canada... he failed in essex... they repo'd the car and turned it into a police cruiser... pretty damn badass... rims and all haha... I told him we called it the Pimp Cruiser... he got a chuckle from that. thought you'd all be interested in the story behind the pimp cruiser.:)

Edit: and I heard about the Maple Parade tonight... and just to clarify... the people who tried to burnout were in fact the two people who filled in... a mustang and some other car... though i'm sure from that other people wanted too... i heard a civic tried to but failed... if someone wants to ruin their car and do that... then let them get in trouble for it... I heard all you could smell was clutch from that... so glad my gti wasn't in it... I hardly have a clutch now... god only knows what it would be like if I went in that thing... jeesh

Actually, the only person who joined at the last minute was the kid in the civic. Most everyone was trying to do burnouts/launches. The guy in the Golf, the guy on the bike did a big ass one. I think the only people not reving and acting childish was the guy in the VR4 (Charlie?) the guy with the S-10, myself, and maybe one other person in the rear.

But again, no one told us what we could or couldn't do at the begining of the parade...so its just as much their fault. But it's just common sense. I'd be pissed if I was next to the street watching a slow moving parade and the cars were driving like jackasses with my kids 3 feet from them. We got a lot of dirty looks durring the parade, I was pretty embarassed to be part of it.

Archived