LegacyGT.com

Anyone tried NanoSafeguard Glass Treatment?

Saw this web site:

http://nanosafeguard.com/index.php?main_page=page&id=9&chapter=0

Wondering if anyone has tried it. I'm using Aquapel and Valeo wipers and the combo is working well but it's time to buy more and the Nano stuff seems to be cheaper for the multi-car kit so it's choice-time.

They say it lasts "twice as long as Aquapel" and I'm sure that they have all kinds of independent labs to back that up :rolleyes: . Any real life experiences with rain and snow?

FWIW, I put on Aquapel a year ago after the car got tinted (the shop gave me two free 1-time applicators) and you can still see where the aquapel dripped on the windshield before being spread around. It has been over 12 months and I'm contemplating claybaring the windshield to get the rest of the aquapel off so I can reapply. Don't know how much more longevity you can ask for...

I've never used Rain-X so I won't make the claim that Aquapel is better, but I went with Aquapel after reading lots of comments on this board rating it over Rain-X. I've been really happy with Aquapel, so I'm inclined to stick with it unless something better (i.e. the completely objective and open-minded legacygt members say it's better :lol:) comes along.

My application is about a year old also and still seems to be holding up pretty well, although where I live we get 19 inches total precipitation per year (that's counting snow and rain both) so I don't run the wipers that much. Most of the abuse is from melted snow/slush kicked up onto windshields and they drop sand (and small rocks) when it snows here, so you get a lot of muddy grit on the windshield during the winter and sandblasted windshields that have to be replaced every 3 years because of pitting and glare even if they don't have a big huge crack in them.

So I'll be happy to stick with Aquapel and put it on wifey's car too if I don't find some kind of believable head-to-head where NanoSafe comes out on top.

Archived