LegacyGT.com

Cobb Accessport

Shaunsportmaster

I have an 2006 Subaru Legacy GT and I am thinking of going stage 1. I would go stage 2 but I dont think I want to spend the extra money, haha. I live in California and I see that they made an extra map mainly for people that live here and in like 2 other states. But it says it only adds like 13 hp compared to like 30 with the other stage 1 map. Whats the difference? What could happen if i dont use the one made for Ca? Also I like going on lots of roadtrips and I was wonder if this kills you mpg? How great is the Economy map? Thanks for the help!

You will actually get better gas milage off the Stg1 or Stg2 map than the econo map. You have to over use the gas pedal to get the car moving from a stop with the econo map. I can get around 30MPG hwy on my Stg2+ setup too.
Let's kick this pig!

Well,

If the other maps are for higher octane fuel and you use them with low octane fuel, you will get "knock", short translation-"Not good for engine" and you won't really get much, if any added power anyway.

really the quality of the gas must be horrible here for it to make that much of a difference. That really sucks especially since the price for 91 just hit $4 a couple of days ago : (

its cause of the CA octane calc method.

d/m +2 = octane

in other states its just d/m. so our 91 is like 89 is most states :(

"i like my women the way i like terrorists...

...screaming gods name and ready to explode."

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/5479/troy3nu5.jpg

If CA fuel is 89 instead of 91 then you can probably make up the difference with a good octane booster and run the regular maps. Bearing in mind that to prevent knock you're going to have to use one bottle per tank of gas, depending on the strength of the booster.

Another, more extreme method is to run a methanol kit, which will increase the octane level significantly. Properly tuned, with a meth kit you should be able to get a more than 30hp increase.

I was thinking about the bad gas here in California and I was wondering if this is true. Since the gas is worse here, my LGT(2006) probably produces less horsepower than any other LGT in other states. So if I get the cobb accessport with the stage 1 Ca map it will add as much horsepower to my lgt as a regular stage 1 map does for a lgt not in Ca, right?

Well, I dont know if I explained the question very clearly, so what I am saying is LGT=250 HP and Tq

LGT on Ca gas < 250?

So would would Accessport with regular map add the same amount of HP and torque for a LGT not using gas from Ca as the Ca map does for a LGT using Ca gas?

I probably sound like a retard here but I have had this on my mind all day:lol:

You would need to dyno your car on the CA gas and find out how much other Legacies dyno stock. I'm sure a search on the foum would produce that information.

Assuming the same type of dyno is used that should give you a very rough idea of whether the Cobb Accessport will be worth it.

The AP is worth the money for lazy power. If up to it you can gut your stock DP for free and be stage 2 for the same price with much more HP gain.

I dont think I will go stage 2 for a while mainly because of costs and isnt it illegal to ditch the DP? Also, do u think I could maybe gain more hp and tq with a new catback exact for the same price as the accessport?

I dont think I will go stage 2 for a while mainly because of costs and isnt it illegal to ditch the DP? Also, do u think I could maybe gain more hp and tq with a new catback exact for the same price as the accessport?

A catback will net you close to no HP and only a bit of torque, especially without any ECU tuning.

Also, Infamous1, u said before to just ditch the DP. Isnt that illegal? Or is there any other major negatives if I do that?

Not to ditch it, gut the cats out....Everything is illegal in CA, however they would never be able to tell visually.

Archived