LegacyGT.com

Uh oh...throwout bearing??

dbrunone

So I put my DP and TMIC onto my 07 Spec.B on Thurs, and got it tuned on Friday. While driving home from the tune, I started to feel a distinct "burp" or "growl" in the clutch pedal as I let it out. I didn't think much of it. Then it kept happening. Then today, I start up the car to go to work, and that growling sound is happening with the clutch slipping and fully engaged. There's no loud noise really, but the pedal feels like theres something grinding in there that shouldn't be. Other than that, it drives normal. People on other forums have suggested the throwout bearing, but I dunno. So I have some options....what should I do?? The car has 25k miles on it.

1. Take it to the dealer on Monday and have them check it out

2. Wait till next weekend, put my stock DP and TMIC back on, then take it to the dealer

3. Drive it till it breaks, possibly causing more catastrophic damage.

I really have no moral qualms about putting my stock parts back on, since I have been stg2 for literally one day. Suggestions??

So, I put my stock stuff back on and....the grinding in the pedal is completely gone. It's totally smooth. WTF??? Could this be a coincidence, or could a DP+TMIC temporarily screw up my car somehow??? So confused....

Yep, probably just the downpipe lightly rubbing somewhere and causing it. I put a 3" DP on my Buick and it hits and vibrates like crazy when I back up. Haven't gotten around to fixing it yet.

At least it's something simple :D

I have a Cobb DP, and the clearances looked pretty good, so I didnt think it would be a problem. The noise wasn't there when I first put on the DP. Then I got it tuned the next day, and it wasn't there driving there. It showed up while driving home from the tuner, and it was only when letting out the clutch. But the next day, it had progressed so that it would happen almost all the time, clutch in or out. It was sort of like a rocks-in-the-washing-machine feel, if that makes sense. How would I fix a rubbing DP?? That thing gets pretty hot...

Archived