LegacyGT.com

STi Quad Tip Muffler - USDM Fitment

BigInALegacy

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
why not just get the MR exhaust? and add some functionality? sti on your muffler tips isnt going to do jack...the ecthings looks alittle sketchy anyways

Current:MY05 SWP wagon - 253/290 :rolleyes: UP, AEM CAI, Invidia Q300, tuned@yimisport

OLD: MY06 GRP - 274/314 :cool:

why not just get the MR exhaust? and add some functionality?

I would grab another brand of mid and y-pipe to complete the setup.

sti on your muffler tips isnt going to do jack...

Dude... don't you know? The etching is like a Spec-B badge... it adds another 10whp automatically!! ;) ;) :lol: :lol:

the ecthings looks alittle sketchy anyways

I think they're definitely not cleaned in those pics so they do look dirty in general. And there is one spot that looks a little 'scuffed' up that I saw. But regarding their authenticity, I am about 95% sure that they are authentic STi parts.

Thats a KILLR price for sure!!! thats like 80% off retail!

I was looking into the STI cans a few months back and found that the guys on the OZ liberty forum in Australia were dissing em because the cans did nothing except carry a cool STI logo...... also "I may be wrong" but I think the JDM tuned STI (your sound clip) come equipped with equal length headers so our legacy's will sound more subdued with these cans.

good luck mait

Oh, and from what I've been told by others here, the JDM wagon mufflers will fit the USDM sedan perfectly.

I definitely think I'll be grabbing these. :D

JDM wagon mufflers fit a USDM sedan perfectly. I had a set of JDM TRUST wagon mufflers (Silent Force Revolution). They fit great. However, they were a little loud. Granted, I have unequal length gt spec headers and only one HFC in my dp. On a stock system they probably would've been great. As a whole, unequal length headers leave a louder exhaust note than equal length. Any JDM muffler would've been designed on a JDM Legacy with an equal length header. Just my $.02.

I'll be sure to keep you posted.

When I get them, I'll probably run them on the car by themselves for a little bit, then in the next month or so look for a mid/y pipe or get a custom job done. So I'll have some opinion on just the cans vs. whole CBE.

I'll take some sound clips too if my camera's half decent picking up sound.

I'm definitely going to grab them barring the seller having some change of heart and not selling/shipping them.

If for some reason I don't like the fit/sound, I'd gladly give another member a shot at them for no mark up, just to recoop any money spent. :)

I'm definitely going to grab them barring the seller having some change of heart and not selling/shipping them.

If for some reason I don't like the fit/sound, I'd gladly give another member a shot at them for no mark up, just to recoop any money spent. :)

Is it possible to "pre-dibs"? Hahahaha!

• 2 weeks later...

I personally would go with a nice set of Prodrives instead of the STI. They look like the same muffler as stock with the outlet changed to dual tip. But go for it if you dig the cool STI logo tips.

Good luck

Update:

After conversing through some emails, it seems as these may have gotten a bit more expensive, and jumped out of my price range for now.

He ended up wanting $520... 100GBP for the cans and 160GBP to ship. And a GBP is worth 50 cents... Im trying to finnagle shipping a bit but if i cant get him much lower, I'll give someone else a crack at it.

Ill keep u posted.

I personally would go with a nice set of Prodrives instead of the STI. They look like the same muffler as stock with the outlet changed to dual tip. But go for it if you dig the cool STI logo tips.

Good luck

Do you have any info/pics of the ProDrive system cause I can't seem to find anything about them? On their website they show having stuff for Wrx's, but not Legacy's.

Archived