LegacyGT.com

which is the best shift knob?

mycotopian

Between the STI Piston one, the Momo with the leather top half and the shpherical all titanium knob from the 6spd sti . What are the adavantages of each?

I would imagine the Momo with the leather top half would be the most comfortable as far as temperatures were concerned but I want to get a few opinions.

Anybody have experience with these?

The Momo balls feel perfect it the hand. I can only imagine the "piston" wouldn't feel too nice. I bought the full leather Momo Race Air ball, doesn't feel cold in the winter or hot in the summer, and it is a perfect match for the perforated leather on the Momo steering wheel.

Guest *Jedimaster*
I have the MOMO, but just put the stock one back on- I like to switch every now and then for ha-has. The MOMO does get hot- in the summertime, it reminds me of that scene in Raiders of the Lost Ark where Toht picks up the hot medallion form the snow.

Hi,

Would a Momo knob for a MT possibly work on an AT?

There are several Mt Momo knobs that I like. But I don't care for the Mt knobs thet have.

Megan header,Perrin TMIC, TD06-20G,AEM CAI, Lachute DP, Avo BOV, BC Coilovers, Magnaflow catback, Hawk HPS pads, Stoptech lines, Snow WI

Hi,

Would a Momo knob for a MT possibly work on an AT?

There are several Mt Momo knobs that I like. But I don't care for the Mt knobs thet have.

There is a MOMO AT knob from the dealer. Depending on how the AT knob attaches, you might be able to fit an aftermarket MT MOMO knob as well since there are no moving parts.

I'm using the stock leather shift knob right knob but I'm thinking about getting the UKDM Solberg/WR Edition or the STi "piston" shift knob, but I've been told the STi "piston" shift knob is not that comfortable. I think the MOMO sphere shift knob looks like a "Mr. microphone" from back in the 70's. I don't think it looks good in the car, but that's just me. :lol:

The stock knob in the '02 WRX had very rough stitching that got irritating after a very short time of spirited driving (maybe I should of been wearing gloves? :lol: ). So I swapped it for a Momo Super Anatomic. I tried the Momo Air Leather in the store (similar to the upgrade knob, but all leather), but didn't particularly like shifing with a billiard ball. :D

I don't think I'll be changing out the stock knob in my GT Wagon as it's feels and fits just fine to me.

Guest *Jedimaster*
Only if the lights in the eyes flash everytime you shift!

Oh hell yeah- maybe I'm just a geek (well, I know I am) but I think that's be cool as hell!

Archived