LegacyGT.com

TDC map for AP?

SubieAA

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i bought a TDC map when i had the v1 AP, back then they(cobb) had a new firmware v1.16...

anyhow me and a couple other members actually liked the v1.15 better.

i actually felt my car had less pull w/ the TDC map, so i went back to the cobb v1.15.

i never logged so who knows...

all of tdc's maps and sales are still available

Jon, what about R&D and customer service? Are you guys still working on tweaking your maps for 08's that have issues? I had to stop using your Map due to the multiple CEL's I was getting.

Jon, what about R&D and customer service? Are you guys still working on tweaking your maps for 08's that have issues? I had to stop using your Map due to the multiple CEL's I was getting.
absolutely

pm me for details and i can help ya

I love TDC because they offer custom maps. I needed a custom map for my AEM CAI so I wouldn't run too rich. My first map was $125, but I get any additional map I need for only $25. So when I get my UP and DP, I will buy a custom stage 2 map for my AEM and altitude above 3K ft.

And yes, they have serious communication issues.

That's my term for it. Depending on the spring and tophat hardware combo you pair with the Bilstein HD's for example the front can have more of a gap between the fenderwell and tire then the rear. This is compounded by the fact that our cars rear fenderwell line is slightly lower than the front. The end result can be that that the stance looks like the rear is lower then the front. Waxiboy has a nice setup on his wagon with Bilstein HDs, STI pinks and specB front strut tophats. Crucial has new springs out and so does Rallitek.

I just installed the JDM RSB and, while body roll has improved, it still is way too wobbly on highway exits. I wonder if I should have installed stiffer rear and front sways.

I just installed the JDM RSB and, while body roll has improved, it still is way too wobbly on highway exits. I wonder if I should have installed stiffer rear and front sways.

I guess you'll be investing in some additional hardware perhaps. The mods are very addicting. You do a few things and then you want to do a few more...

I guess you'll be investing in some additional hardware perhaps. The mods are very addicting. You do a few things and then you want to do a few more...

So my boost peaks out at around 14 PSI with Cobb Stg 1 93 map v 1.16. I wonder if this is normal or low.

I thought I saw higher numbers, but maybe with the TDC real-time map on these boards.

I ran stage 1 93 cobb and then added the TDC map 93 oct real time map. As I said the power is very nice with the TDC map, definitely quicker then the cobb map. The TDC stage 1 93 map has a target boost of just over 16 psi if I recall verses the cobb 14 psi target boost as a comparison.

I am running Cusco sways f/r along with AVO reinforcement brackets for the rear plus Cusco front and rear underbracing components. I am also running energy suspension greaseable poly sway bushings. The combination of all that in handling is night and day verses stock.

You should like your JDM rear bar setup once you get it.

Okay, this is what I see. Hmm. I think I need better suspension before more power.

So my boost peaks out at around 14 PSI with Cobb Stg 1 93 map v 1.16. I wonder if this is normal or low.

I thought I saw higher numbers, but maybe with the TDC real-time map on these boards.

14 psi for stage 1 and 16 psi for stage 2 (93 oct) is normal for the cobb maps. Higher boost and other adjustments are achieved with modified maps.

Okay, this is what I see. Hmm. I think I need better suspension before more power.

My mod path went like this.

1) CBE for better sound and flow

2) sway bars and rear brackets for better handling

3) accessport for more power

4) cusco under bracing for even better handling and turn in precision

5) TDC tune for more power

6) Poly bushings for sways

7) short throw shifter package and bushings

My mod path went like this.

1) CBE for better sound and flow

2) sway bars and rear brackets for better handling

3) accessport for more power

4) cusco under bracing for even better handling and turn in precision

5) TDC tune for more power

6) Poly bushings for sways

7) short throw shifter package and bushings

Not sure what the CBE, probably exhaust. Not sure how much hp or smoothness it adds. I would probably like it.

Your front and rear sway bars plus brakets must have tightened things up. The bushings must help harshness.

I would think the under bracing would connect parts that the engineers had designed not to be connected which could make the ride and rattles a lot different.

Can you add the impact of each in your view (I mean actual impact versus reason for mod)?

The STS plus a compass-mirror are things that are on my list some day.

Not sure what the CBE, probably exhaust. Not sure how much hp or smoothness it adds. I would probably like it.

Your front and rear sway bars plus brakets must have tightened things up. The bushings must help harshness.

I would think the under bracing would connect parts that the engineers had designed not to be connected which could make the ride and rattles a lot different.

Can you add the impact of each in your view (I mean actual impact versus reason for mod)?

The STS plus a compass-mirror are things that are on my list some day.

1) CBE = catback exhaust. Doing this got rid of the hesitation/lurching effect especially when moving out in traffic in 1st gear from a stop. It completely disappeared and drivebility in the mid range greatly improved. It was a side effect I was not expecting at all but was very pleased with.

2) sway bars and brackets tightened things up alot as you said and greatly improved handling. The poly bushings were added after the rubber ones wore out as the poly ones don't crush or deflect over time.

3) Cusco underbracing improved turn in feel alot as you go around a corner. The steering feel is much more precise. They also help with front and rear squat so my front end dives less under breaking and rides up less under hard power. They have not added any more harshness or rattles to the car. I cant' say enough about them.

4) Kartboy short throw shifter and bushings shortens the throw considerably and makes the shifts more snic, snic in nature. The more precise throws allow you to quickly row through the gears with out a missed throw.

5) Accessport and TDC tune = Alot more power throughout the rpm band and we all like that. :)

1) CBE = catback exhaust. Doing this got rid of the hesitation/lurching effect especially when moving out in traffic in 1st gear from a stop. It completely disappeared and drivebility in the mid range greatly improved. It was a side effect I was not expecting at all but was very pleased with.

2) sway bars and brackets tightened things up alot as you said and greatly improved handling. The poly bushings were added after the rubber ones wore out as the poly ones don't crush or deflect over time.

3) Cusco underbracing improved turn in feel alot as you go around a corner. The steering feel is much more precise. They also help with front and rear squat so my front end dives less under breaking and rides up less under hard power. They have not added any more harshness or rattles to the car. I cant' say enough about them.

4) Kartboy short throw shifter and bushings shortens the throw considerably and makes the shifts more snic, snic in nature. The more precise throws allow you to quickly row through the gears with out a missed throw.

5) Accessport and TDC tune = Alot more power throughout the rpm band and we all like that. :)

Awesome.

1) CBE - I do have that lurching, especially on the highway when i accelerate, there is a delay and lurch as it climbs RPM. I try to manage it by easing the acceleration, but not pleasant. I will check it out.

2) SB + brackets - I think I would have been wiser to go with front-rear SB to get to a neutral steer. The brackets must add even further stability. Do you think you need struts and springs at this point?

3) You recommend the underbrace really highly which got my atention. All the improvements are desirable -- especially when I get the TDC tune and increased power. Sounds like a high dollar to value ratio for the wagon model.

4) The stock shifter did not bother me at first, but is starting to feel awkward and imprecise and hard to quickly move the shift throughthe long movement required.

5) Did you just buy an e-tune from TDC over the web for your model?

I have not had a problem with my brakes, but I have to understand what I get from the improved pads some recommend and perhapd the improved brake fluid lines.

Finally, I have to look into what kind of stands to get for the car so I can do this work myself, as I paid my mechanic $80 to switch the RSB.

Do you think you need struts and springs at this point?

- Not right away but it would be my next mod of interest once I find the right setup.

Did you just buy an e-tune from TDC over the web for your model?

- Yes I did.

I have not had a problem with my brakes, but I have to understand what I get from the improved pads some recommend and perhaps the improved brake fluid lines.

- I have not done anything to my brakes yet. Its a higher dollar investment to go new all new larger rotors, calipers etc... so I can't really comment on the benefits of other pads and lines.

Finally, I have to look into what kind of stands to get for the car so I can do this work myself, as I paid my mechanic $80 to switch the RSB.

- I have a full size hydraulic floor jack 2 ton rating , I've had for years, and two 4000 lb rated stands for putting the car up. I have done all my installs myself using this basic equipment as well as a a full compliment of craftsman tools accumulated over the years.

Do you think you need struts and springs at this point?

- Not right away but it would be my next mod of interest once I find the right setup.

Did you just buy an e-tune from TDC over the web for your model?

- Yes I did.

I have not had a problem with my brakes, but I have to understand what I get from the improved pads some recommend and perhaps the improved brake fluid lines.

- I have not done anything to my brakes yet. Its a higher dollar investment to go new all new larger rotors, calipers etc... so I can't really comment on the benefits of other pads and lines.

- I have a full size hydraulic floor jack 2 ton rating , I've had for years, and two 4000 lb rated stands for putting the car up. I have done all my installs myself using this basic equipment as well as a a full compliment of craftsman tools accumulated over the years.

Thanks.

Can you still pass inspection with the exhaust modification?

Are TDC Protunes really still available? I paid for an update on mine 3 weeks ago and have yet to receive my update or even a reply from any of their emails addresses.

I'd PM JonR about it.

Archived