LegacyGT.com

TDC map for AP?

SubieAA

Hi,

I have Cobb AP with a Cobb stage 1 map and it has been a blast. I am purchasing a JDM rear sway bar from a member soon, at which point I will probably got to the 93 map instead of the 91 map.

I have read really negative reviews of TDC customer service and have even heard they may be out of business soon.

Does anyone here rate their stage 1 map, and would you deal with them at this time?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I got over half a dozen maps from the and have no complaints. However, their tuner Mike is no longer with them and the entires shop will be closed as of April 6th if I remember correctly.
Let's kick this pig!

Hi,

I have Cobb AP with a Cobb stage 1 map and it has been a blast. I am purchasing a JDM rear sway bar from a member soon, at which point I will probably got to the 93 map instead of the 91 map.

I have read really negative reviews of TDC customer service and have even heard they may be out of business soon.

Does anyone here rate their stage 1 map, and would you deal with them at this time?

The TDC Tuning maps will still be supported

please contact me for more info

I'm running stage 1 with a TDC map and have had no problems. I had a good experience with TDC at the time I dealt with them. I ran cobb stage 1 for a bit before getting the TDC map and there was a nice jump in power and smoother delivery over the standard cobb map.

Hi,

Even better since you are close. Talk to Jon R and Mike to get a protune.

"Gimme mines Balboa...Gimme mines".....Clubber Lang - Mr. T

I'm running stage 1 with a TDC map and have had no problems. I had a good experience with TDC at the time I dealt with them. I ran cobb stage 1 for a bit before getting the TDC map and there was a nice jump in power and smoother delivery over the standard cobb map.

We drive the same car..Did you run stage 1 91 or 93 Cobb before? I can not say I do not want smoother delivery (or more power), but I do look forward to my JDM RSB to be installed in the next week or so.

We drive the same car..Did you run stage 1 91 or 93 Cobb before? I can not say I do not want smoother delivery (or more power), but I do look forward to my JDM RSB to be installed in the next week or so.

I ran stage 1 93 cobb and then added the TDC map 93 oct real time map. As I said the power is very nice with the TDC map, definitely quicker then the cobb map. The TDC stage 1 93 map has a target boost of just over 16 psi if I recall verses the cobb 14 psi target boost as a comparison.

I am running Cusco sways f/r along with AVO reinforcement brackets for the rear plus Cusco front and rear underbracing components. I am also running energy suspension greaseable poly sway bushings. The combination of all that in handling is night and day verses stock.

You should like your JDM rear bar setup once you get it.

I ran stage 1 93 cobb and then added the TDC map 93 oct real time map. As I said the power is very nice with the TDC map, definitely quicker then the cobb map. The TDC stage 1 93 map has a target boost of just over 16 psi if I recall verses the cobb 14 psi target boost as a comparison.

I am running Cusco sways f/r along with AVO reinforcement brackets for the rear plus Cusco front and rear underbracing components. I am also running energy suspension greaseable poly sway bushings. The combination of all that in handling is night and day verses stock.

You should like your JDM rear bar setup once you get it.

We will definitiely have to compare cars one day.

I thought about going for more agressive sways, but I drive really agressively at times, especially on the highways here. Given the inclement weather we get for most of the year, I thought better to stay in the slight understeer zone instead of risk oversteer with a wagon. We will see what the JDM RSB does, but I reaaly look forward to Bilstein struts and STI rings as the final touch, plus better brake pads.

You have really pushed me toward the TDC tune. It probabaly will not be long.

I call BS.

No really that is what TDC specs with the stage 1 map mods and its what I have been hitting for peak boost. Really...

Boost set to 16 psi peak tapering to approx 11-12

We will definitiely have to compare cars one day.

I thought about going for more agressive sways, but I drive really agressively at times, especially on the highways here. Given the inclement weather we get for most of the year, I thought better to stay in the slight understeer zone instead of risk oversteer with a wagon. We will see what the JDM RSB does, but I reaaly look forward to Bilstein struts and STI rings as the final touch, plus better brake pads.

You have really pushed me toward the TDC tune. It probabaly will not be long.

The Cuscos are 23 mm and 21 mm respectively. The combo provides a little more bias to the rear but overall a pretty neutral setup. I have not had any problems with this setup over the winter in snow and ice. My next mod will be struts and springs, still not decided on best combo to not give the rear the saggy look.

The Cuscos are 23 mm and 21 mm respectively. The combo provides a little more bias to the rear but overall a pretty neutral setup. I have not had any problems with this setup over the winter in snow and ice. My next mod will be struts and springs, still not decided on best combo to not give the rear the saggy look.

I am in the beginning of learning about struts and springs, so i am not familiar about the "saggy" look. My hope is that all of these modifications will be in keeping with the stealth nature of the car, ie. no visible change.

I am in the beginning of learning about struts and springs, so i am not familiar about the "saggy" look. My hope is that all of these modifications will be in keeping with the stealth nature of the car, ie. no visible change.

That's my term for it. Depending on the spring and tophat hardware combo you pair with the Bilstein HD's for example the front can have more of a gap between the fenderwell and tire then the rear. This is compounded by the fact that our cars rear fenderwell line is slightly lower than the front. The end result can be that that the stance looks like the rear is lower then the front. Waxiboy has a nice setup on his wagon with Bilstein HDs, STI pinks and specB front strut tophats. Crucial has new springs out and so does Rallitek.

That's my term for it. Depending on the spring and tophat hardware combo you pair with the Bilstein HD's for example the front can have more of a gap between the fenderwell and tire then the rear. This is compounded by the fact that our cars rear fenderwell line is slightly lower than the front. The end result can be that that the stance looks like the rear is lower then the front. Waxiboy has a nice setup on his wagon with Bilstein HDs, STI pinks and specB front strut tophats. Crucial has new springs out and so does Rallitek.

I will have to check out Waxiboy's wagon and his set-up. That would not be desirable as far as stance rearward. ARe you saying the springs are to blame for this stance?

Hi,

I run a TDC stage 1 93 map (e-tuned with panel filter). I only ran the Cobb for a few days, but my smile is bigger with the TDC map.

Can't really comment on the decision to deal with them at this point or not...

My VB Garage... Pumping the air back into despair

I will have to check out Waxiboy's wagon and his set-up. That would not be desirable as far as stance rearward. ARe you saying the springs are to blame for this stance?

Its a combination of the type of tophat hardware being used for the front struts and selection of springs from the threads I've seen. Do a search you'll see what I mean.

I've had quite a few problems with the TDC stage 1 93 map for an 08. Currently i've gone back to using a base Cobb map. Three times in two weeks I got a "P0244 - Turbo Wastegate Selenoid “A” Range/Performance" CEL during acceleration on the highway. I've emailed TDC and got no reply. The map definitely had a more aggressive throttle response, so much so that you could not use s# from a stop because the car would lurch and jump. I purchased a DP from TDC and requested a stage 2 93 map for replacement of the faulty stage 1 map and got no response to that request.

I've had quite a few problems with the TDC stage 1 93 map for an 08. Currently i've gone back to using a base Cobb map. Three times in two weeks I got a "P0244 - Turbo Wastegate Selenoid “A” Range/Performance" CEL during acceleration on the highway. I've emailed TDC and got no reply. The map definitely had a more aggressive throttle response, so much so that you could not use s# from a stop because the car would lurch and jump. I purchased a DP from TDC and requested a stage 2 93 map for replacement of the faulty stage 1 map and got no response to that request.

Sorry to hear about your troubles. The 08's definitely have their issues with regard to tuning thus far. Based on what has happened with the former TDC, I would be hesitant to order anything from them at this point as I don't know who is running the show there or if there is anyone home so to speak.

Sorry to hear about your troubles. The 08's definitely have their issues with regard to tuning thus far. Based on what has happened with the former TDC, I would be hesitant to order anything from them at this point as I don't know who is running the show there or if there is anyone home so to speak.

TDC shop is closed since last Monday. Jon should still answer his PM's though. Keep in mind that he drove back to California, this takes a few days.

I have similar throttle issues in sport sharp mode that Jon is working with on Cobb to resolve.

Other than that I would not question the tune at all, car runs much better and no more knocking.

I have to mention that I did get my DP about two weeks after order which is kinda slow for an internet order but I did get it quicker than the AP. For almost a year now (May) I've learned that TDC was where it was at for Legacy's and new that when I moded I would go with TDC but the reliability is questionable.

I wonder if Rallitek is more stable now that TDC is no longer listed as a vendor on this site. Any opinions? I know this site is full of them.....;)

Rallitek is a much larger organization and have been around for a while now with typically very good customer service. I don't know how their tunes are but we shall see. I've had good experiences with them. Then again I had a very good experience dealing with Mike when he was at TDC and love the tune I got from him.

I ordered my AP from Rallitek and it came with their custom maps. The tunes made good power but I would get knock ... They were good at returning revised maps in the very beginning but then support disapeared and I still had knock. This is when I decided to get protuned at TDC before they closed shop. Rallitek seem to be back on the forums now but again so is TDC ... it's really your pick.

Archived