LegacyGT.com

Cylinder misfires or bad injectors, please post here.

what

do the usual suspects: swap coils. see if misfires follow. if not. swap injectors. see if misfires follow. if not, assess spark plug condition. if coil, injector, plug are OK, then time for a compression/leakdown test. May be in need of valve adjustment or bad ringland..

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I replaced both OCV and my misfires went away. used tatrix cable and watched the 2 vales related to OCV metric on each bank. Noticed 1 bank was not keeping up or getting stuck, compare to the other. I just replace both at same time.

I'm new to the tactrix cable but how can I view these values?

^Simple fix on the wiring harness......

Pull the yellow tab on the connector plastic. Pop the pins out and insert them in the new plastic and then reinsert yellow tab

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Subaru-Ignition-Coil-Wire-Harness-Terminal-Plug-Set-Impreza-WRX-STi-Connector-/300843950050?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Make%3ASubaru&hash=item460bb25fe2&vxp=mtr

Nice I just broke my tab today as well!

I did not know you could remove the screens on them.

Mine popped off when playing with them. I guess that makes them removable :lol:

They did pop back on too.

I want to build a cleaning rig like the kind I see on YouTube where the injectors are put on a bench and run forward and reverse flow with injector cleaner.

Lol stupid me got my cylinders mixed up.. The injector is not spraying at all.. I pulled it at idle and nothing.. so how I got cylinder 3 and 2 mixed up is beyond me lol

I have not read through this thread, but are you sure you have spark in the cylinder? Pulling the injector is a classic trick to see if the cylinder is working, but after finding that its not, you still need to figure out spark, or fuel

I have not read through this thread, but are you sure you have spark in the cylinder? Pulling the injector is a classic trick to see if the cylinder is working, but after finding that its not, you still need to figure out spark, or fuel

When I get home I can put the new coil on the right side of the car.. but unless the car still fires the plug with no fuel or disables the injector I'm still ruling out as a bad injector.. I did not show all the plugs but 2 was more wet then all the others. I won't really get home till like 4pm so it's going to be awhile... it's killing my gas milage.. down to 14.2 mpg and only getting 160 miles from the tank

Yes the car will still fire that plug. If your dumping gas in (aka stuck open injector) your oil will smell like gas usually. If this is the case, careful you dont wash the cylinder walls or your gonna be replacing the engine. You can also try swapping injectors while your in there looking at the coil. There not too hard to swap.