LegacyGT.com

Lexus IS300 vs. Legacy GT

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, I've driven one. The owner of the dealership (Jimmy Bryan Lexus) in Winter Park is a friend of my grandfather's. No, I'm not confusing it with the IS350, as I've driven one of those as well.

You don't have to believe me, but I refuse to sit here and have an Internet pissing match about whether or not I've actually driven the cars I've driven, and there have been more exotic ones than the IS-F.

Yes, I've driven one. The owner of the dealership (Jimmy Bryan Lexus) in Winter Park is a friend of my grandfather's. No, I'm not confusing it with the IS350, as I've driven one of those as well.

You don't have to believe me, but I refuse to sit here and have an Internet pissing match about whether or not I've actually driven the cars I've driven, and there have been more exotic ones than the IS-F.

Kind of a defensive straw man response... I think they're just challenging the opinion. Take it as a compliment and if it's a lie... let it rest. :cool:

Kind of a defensive straw man response... I think they're just challenging the opinion. Take it as a compliment and if it's a lie... let it rest. :cool:

You're right, it was a bit defensive. :lol: I've just seen the way things go on here when someone says something 'hard to believe.' It's not like I said I drove an LP640, or an MC12 or something.

I've never raced an IS-F in my LGT, so I wouldn't know if I could keep up or not. Perhaps one of the reasons I think it felt about the same is because the curb weight (as stated on the Lexus IS-F site) is 3,780 lbs, and there were 4 180-220 lb people in the car. With the previously mentioned 313 lb/ft of WTQ, it could feel a little sluggish, in my opinion.

Guest heightsgtltd
You miss the point. It's not that someone doubted that you could have driven an ISF, it's that you drove one and thought that it was slower than a stage 2 legacy :lol:

You're right, it was a bit defensive. :lol: I've just seen the way things go on here when someone says something 'hard to believe.' It's not like I said I drove an LP640, or an MC12 or something.

I've never raced an IS-F in my LGT, so I wouldn't know if I could keep up or not. Perhaps one of the reasons I think it felt about the same is because the curb weight (as stated on the Lexus IS-F site) is 3,780 lbs, and there were 4 180-220 lb people in the car. With the previously mentioned 313 lb/ft of WTQ, it could feel a little sluggish, in my opinion.

With 4 ppl, no wonder if felt sluggish.... ;)

I had four guys in my car at a meet a couple months ago and we drove around, I thought I was at Stage II again! :lol:

Archived