LegacyGT.com

How often should you treat leather interior?

does any one use meguiars leather conditioner?

I use Meguiars. I only use the spray.

I made the mistake of using the thick bottled kind -- it collects in the steering wheel perforation and the stitching.

I use Meguiars. I only use the spray.

I made the mistake of using the thick bottled kind -- it collects in the steering wheel perforation and the stitching.

:lol: :lol: That is because you are putting too much on at a time. I use Meguiars and do not have those problems.

I bought my first bottle of 303 a few months ago....my 06 Civic SI has black rubber or whatever at the top of the door where you rest your arm with the window down (lacking vocabulary at the moment).

Anyway, when it rained that part would get rain streaks on it. Looked like mineral deposits or slightly acidic rain would leave streaks on the black. Used a ton of stuff (including armor all) on it and it would never remove the streaks.

First application of 303 the streaks dissapeared AND HAVE NOT returned despite plenty of rain since then. That's what impressed me most.

Also, the finish on it is almost matte. So it just makes it look like new; not shined up, just clean. It seems to be getting less dusty per day than previously, but who knows there...

Anyhow, very happy with the product and very happy it has UV protectant (though I also tint my cars, which helps with just about everything except the dashboard).

On the leather front: I've used Meguiar's and Lexol; both seem fine. The wonderful gentleman who sold my wife and I our LGT surprised us with a bottle of Zaino Leather Cleaner and Zaino Leather Conditioner when we picked it up; as soon as I detail the car (which will be soon, need to get this puppy waxed up), I'll use it and report on it. Zaino makes some fantastic products, but I will be using it on new leather.

Joe

I use Meguires leather protectant 2 to 3 times a year. My car is garaged and I'm in the Pacific NW. With the hot weather in Jamaica, I would treat your car at least 3 times a year. If your leather start to feel like it's drying out, then you should treat it more often.

♪Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;

None but ourselves can free our minds.♫ -Bob Marley, Redemption Song

I use Wolfgang leather cleaner and conditioner, about once every 1.5-2 months. I don't think it's possible to over-condition leather, since it will only absorb as much conditioner as it can - anything left on the surface after a few minutes is excess and can be wiped off. Wolfgang also has an awesome leathery smell, much like new leather. Screw the air fresheners.

I just bought some Armor All leather conditioner and then I found this thread. I haven't used it yet. I think I'll return it and get something different. Unfortunately, a lot of these brands I haven't heard or or seen anywhere.

mothers and mcquiars (i cant spell) are both pretty common and reputable names

been looking at leatherique and it looks pretty good. saw 303 and that also looks quite good but does 303 condition and clean the leather at the same time or it is just a protectant once you have cleaned it?

never tried lexol. looks very shiny. does it leave a residue? does it make the seats slippery?

Those seats in my former SVT were always shiny from day 1, nothing like the leather in our Subies. There isn't any residue, as long as you wipe them down with a dry cloth after letting it sit for 20 minutes or so after application. Lexol has never made my seats slippery, just make sure you follow the instructions and all is good.

Those seats in my former SVT were always shiny from day 1, nothing like the leather in our Subies. There isn't any residue, as long as you wipe them down with a dry cloth after letting it sit for 20 minutes or so after application. Lexol has never made my seats slippery, just make sure you follow the instructions and all is good.

Ford leather sucks. I passed on the Mustang as I couldn't see paying $495 for leather seating surfaces and vinyl sides and backs.

I returned the Armor all today. I did look at what else they had. They sell Turtle Wax, Maguire's spray, and Zymol. The Zymol said you must heat the seats with a hair dryer let it sit in the sun before applying. That sounds odd. This was at Target. I am sure Auto Zone or Checker would have a better selection.

Archived