LegacyGT.com

COBB STS = noisy.

RaGe

On deacceleration i get alot of rattle coming from this fine crafted part. I am assuming it is coming from the metal sleeve that the bolt slides through. The same one that is taken out from the OEM shifter. The only thing i know to do is to put some lock-tight on the threads on the bolt. Would any of you happen to have any suggestions on how to permanently fix this annoying sound? Do any of you experience any of this?

OTM.

Sorry I didn't mean to start a war which mainly forum people is all about ;).

I had the exact same problem. The rattle was most prevalent in 3rd gear, above 3,000 rpms.

I took the bolt out and covered it in a thick layer of lithium grease, hasn't rattled since (several months ranging from -10 to 100 degrees F).

Don't loctite the threads, unless you're using medium or wicking grade.

I had the exact same problem. The rattle was most prevalent in 3rd gear, above 3,000 rpms.

I took the bolt out and covered it in a thick layer of lithium grease, hasn't rattled since.

Don't loctite the threads, unless you're using medium or wicking grade.

Good idea. I have some nice grease out there too. I will go try that now and put some medium grade loctite ( i like the way i spelled it better :lol: )

OTM.

Cool, good luck. I really think the rattle is coming from the sleeve/bolt and not the nut/threads, so loctiting (yes, you can make it a verb :lol: ) that will only make it difficult to adjust if your torqued it down too far. Overtightening the nut makes shifting much harder.

Let me know how it works out.

Just went out though and greased the living hell out of the sleeve, the bushings, and the bolt. No loctite :lol: was used. So we will find out tonight when i head out for work. Sometimes it the stupidest things that kill us. I dont know why i didnt think of just greasing the damn thing. I was about to go rambo on it and give it hell.

OTM.

Archived