LegacyGT.com

Sold my LGT!!!

Yesterday was bittersweet for me. I sold my '07 OBP LGT yesterday and I miss the hell out of it already but I think I'll be ok once I pick this girl up! I'm just waiting for my LGT loan to get cleared up and then I can apply for a loan for the IS. I hope to pick her up by next weekend!

http://images.craigslist.org/01150201160901030520080323f93bce79737c8af805006bc3.jpg

or, go to the junkyard, find an old 2jz and build ur tranny, push over 1000rwhp and shit on everyone on this forum, =p never judge a book by its cover, this car with a simple engine swap and new tranny is good for over 700rwhp for under 10k

or, go to the junkyard, find an old 2jz and build ur tranny, push over 1000rwhp and shit on everyone on this forum, =p never judge a book by its cover, this car with a simple engine swap and new tranny is good for over 700rwhp for under 10k

that car will decimate all.

and after all that's said and done, he'll still be stuck in the 12s like all the rest of the supras :lol:

car for sale. PM me!

My bro has an '01 IS300. For only 220 hp, RWD, and a 5 speed auto it gets terrible gas mileage. 23 hwy. It hits 60 MPH in the low 7s so it is more fun than my LGT, but it has a hard time getting traction even with new tires. I think in '02 this car got a rear LSD which could help alot I think. But Im so used to punching it and going that I get frustrated when I have no traction and cars are speeding at me.

I like the interior, the controls are good, seats are comfortable, materials are nice. I love the design of this car too. If you plan to do your own oil changes you have to remove the plastic panel under the engine to get the oil filter out. Its really annoying.

Other than that I don't think I have too much more to tell ya. Lexus service is high quality if you choose to go there.

You wouldnt need a engine swap it has a 2jz, and yes alot of supras are stuk in 12s because they put these huge turbos that hit peak boost at 5800rpms, and redline at 7500rpms, they have 1000rwhp for 1700rpms and are slow. My supra made 517rwhp and ran an 11.09, and mine is a 87 3800lbs beast. So its just how you build it, i have seen a 1300rwhp supra run an 11.8 with almost no traction issue and i have seen a 654rwhp run a 9.8. So its just the setup.

and legacys have that plastic panel aswell

supras dont redline at 7.5k, most redline close to after 9k once tuned, the is300 doesnt have a 2jz, though it is nearly identical specs, it doesnt have the same bottom end or internals as a 2jz which make it able to withstand much less power then the almighty 2jz which can withstand over 900 stock. and there are 1400rwhp supras that are in the mid 7second range atm, check out WOTM and Boost Logic. supras are kings of cars, never underestimate them. also a stock twin turbo supra is good for very low 13's if not high 12s. they are beast.

i just found it funny that people always always always go put in the supra engine in the is300 when people post they get one. every single forum i've been to.. 1000 hp! zomgs..

it's like a knee jerk reaction.

car for sale. PM me!

supras dont redline at 7.5k, most redline close to after 9k once tuned, the is300 doesnt have a 2jz, though it is nearly identical specs, it doesnt have the same bottom end or internals as a 2jz which make it able to withstand much less power then the almighty 2jz which can withstand over 900 stock. and there are 1400rwhp supras that are in the mid 7second range atm, check out WOTM and Boost Logic. supras are kings of cars, never underestimate them. also a stock twin turbo supra is good for very low 13's if not high 12s. they are beast.

I dont know who you have been talking to, i own a supra and have done work on alot of them, 2jz engine do not come with forged internals, they do not handle 900hp stock, the reason everyone loves them is because the block can handle whatever. That is if you put good internals in it. The sell 700hp piston sets, there would be no need for those if the stock internals could handle 900. Also a stock twin turbo makes 280-320hp at the crank and it weighs 3800lbs, its not a 12 second car stock.

I have seen supras that make that much power and run 7s but a majority of people making that power have too big of turbos and dont hit peak boost until far too late in the powerband. The supra is by far NOT the kings of cars, and this is coming from a guy who has a 500+rwhp supra.

If you are just goin for pure horsepower and powerband just go with a twin turbo v8, i have seen some with close to 2500hp.

Archived