LegacyGT.com

2.5i nonturbo is slow

violhence

Just posting to notify those who are debating if they want a turbo vs a non turbo version that the non turbo version is rather slow - especially with all-wheel drive considered.

If you want a car that is fast get a 2006 Nissan Altima SER or something similar which will not cost you a fortune. The NA Legacy has practically 0 parts in terms of performance. So once again, if you like your car to move fast, none of the non-turbo versions are for you

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
speak for yourself buddy. When i had my 06 2.5i that thing cornered like a champ. With some basic suspension modifications, you can hang with the big boys. Though engine modifications lack for this motor, suspension does not.

OTM.

Sorry I didn't mean to start a war which mainly forum people is all about ;).

such negativity. what did you expect though?

Sways, endlinks, spring swap, etc.... i am comparing to a stock LGT. If it makes you feel any better though, i traded it in for a 05 LGT. :lol:

OTM.

Sorry I didn't mean to start a war which mainly forum people is all about ;).

^well, considering that the 2.5i can take all the suspension parts of the gt, and that i consistantly rn faster than porsches in autox, well then the 2.5i with the right mods and tires can be faster than a porsche in autox. Aside from the power, the 2.5i can do everything the GT can do.

^well, considering that the 2.5i can take all the suspension parts of the gt, and that i consistantly rn faster than porsches in autox, well then the 2.5i with the right mods and tires can be faster than a porsche in autox. Aside from the power, the 2.5i can do everything the GT can do.

If you swap the suspension, the brakes and the engine, they would be identical :lol:

Just posting to notify those who are debating if they want a turbo vs a non turbo version that the non turbo version is rather slow - especially with all-wheel drive considered.

If you want a car that is fast get a 2006 Nissan Altima SER or something similar which will not cost you a fortune. The NA Legacy has practically 0 parts in terms of performance. So once again, if you like your car to move fast, none of the non-turbo versions are for you

Man, nothing gets by you does it?:lol:

If i wanted a car that was fast, I would not get an Altima. My non turbo is good enough for me as i have enough other go fast goodies.

[SIZE=1][URL="http://public.fotki.com/blackfang/"]Pics[/URL] [B]08 KawasakiZZR 600- exhaust and other mods 98 Camaro Z/28 HT- some mods......street/strip car 07 Legacy 2.5i- SPT exhaust...daily driver[/B][/SIZE]

Man, nothing gets by you does it?:lol:

If i wanted a car that was fast, I would not get an Altima. My non turbo is good enough for me as i have enough other go fast goodies.

I just noticed your other go fast goodies - Nice.;)

I'm probably the only person that has Wu-Tang Clan and Paul McCartney on their mp3.:p

I just noticed your other go fast goodies - Nice.;)

Thanks. They get neglected often being I drive the subie everywhere.

[SIZE=1][URL="http://public.fotki.com/blackfang/"]Pics[/URL] [B]08 KawasakiZZR 600- exhaust and other mods 98 Camaro Z/28 HT- some mods......street/strip car 07 Legacy 2.5i- SPT exhaust...daily driver[/B][/SIZE]

I have a 05 2.5i and it is just fine for daily driving... nothing special -but I would not call it a slouch... and it handles good with minor upgrades... of course the LGT is faster. 2.5i is going to the wife and I'm getting into a LGT here soon.

oh and there is a SC kit for the 2.5 NA that I heard is quite good.

http://www.raptorsc.com.au/files/19.jpg

Guest heightsgtltd

there is the ultra-rare 2.5i specB built in the spare time of factory workers in Indiana.

That bitch is fast! :lol:

Archived