LegacyGT.com

Creaking sound from clutch?

SubLGTaru

well, I haven't heard the sound ever before, until just a couple days ago....and the sound seems to be intensifying day by day...today it was the loudest.

Would oiling or greasing the clutch arm or pedal help?

I believe it's the throw out bearing, if its squeaking when you have the clutch pedal out and stops when you have the pedal in

I've got a squeak that happens when actually pushing or releasing the clutch pedal which is just a sign of needing some lube/grease somewhere

No, I don't hear the creaking sound when the car is running.

It only happens when I press the clutch pedal in and engage the pedal it creaks then I let it out and it drives normal.

It is pretty much ever time I shift when I press down on the clutch pedal it creaks and it's gone....

I know what a bad throwout bearing sounds like, it hisses as you drive, I had that happen to my old civic si.

It's not the throwout bearing.

I've got a squeak that happens when actually pushing or releasing the clutch pedal which is just a sign of needing some lube/grease somewhere

IIRC, there is a replacement for the clutch pedal switch to address squeaking. I remember reading about it a while back, and will try to search fr the thread.

I only notice it when it's very quiet, car off for example. Also seems to be slightly worse in very cold temps.

I believe it's the throw out bearing, if its squeaking when you have the clutch pedal out and stops when you have the pedal in

Yes, this is exactly what mine does.

I can even hear it with the radio on and while driving the car.

Every time I engage the clutch to change gears, it makes the creaking sound.

I may try lubing the pedal or the arm and see if it will stop.

I had the clutch switch replaced on my car last year for the same issue you're describing. Some dealers will want to try and lube the clutch pedal assembly which may cure it for a while, but unless the switch is replaced, it will come back.
ignore him, he'll go away.

How do I convince my dealer that the clutch switch needs to be replaced???

show some leg.:lol: They wanted to replace my clutch fork. I suggested the switch as it had been replaced in other legacies with the same issue. I made a post somewhere with the part numbers on my invoice.

ignore him, he'll go away.

Mine has been creaking and squeaking since ~500 miles. It's on and off. I'm waiting until I get to about 55k miles before I bring it in for warranty replacement (hopefully by then it will be "on" instead of "on and off").

Archived