LegacyGT.com

Carbotech AX6 Installed! Review & Comments

Just installed my Carbotech AX6 front pads and all i can say is wow!:) The bite is way better then the stock Hitachi Pads i had from the factory and the overall feel is much better then stock even with my stock brake fluid. Of course they dust like crazy but then again there is a compromise for excellent braking power.

I bedded them in on the street even though they say on the track but i have a local undisclosed road that I can simulate track conditions. Overall they stop very well even cold and bite even harder once warmed up.

I took these over the bobcats because i knew i would want a pads with more bite then a street and limited use pad. They do squeak quite a bit when cold though. Overall I'm very happy I went with these cant wait to tryy them at the auto-x.

Used Bobcats on my Miata - best 'street safe' pad I've encountered. How is the AX6, comparatively in their line-up?

There amazing. i never tried the bobcats since this is my 1st pad upgrade but overall m very impressed. The car literally has a whole lot more braking force then the stockers ever could have delivered.

get ready for noise, the ax6 is much louder than panther plus. i run the xp8 on the track and it's not even much louder than the ax6.

Tell me about it. but these babys have enough stopping power to get the stock rotors red hot. Of course a proper cool down follows such extreme temps:cool:

Archived