LegacyGT.com

"00" Legacy GT; My MPG =

23.4 is about average. I got the same on mine. My 05GT 5-spd will get better if I keep my foot out of it. There are threads on here about MPG.

Yesterday, back home from VT I got 27.8 on the computer. Cruise set at 71mph.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I been keeping track of the MPG on my 5-spd, 2000 LGT.

In mixed city / hwy driving, all I am getting is about 23.4 mpg.

Is this good, bad or average?

It's a 2.2l?

That seems a little low, but if you are driving much in traffic, or at rush hour, it would be closer to average with the winter blend of fuel. That car should get close to 30 mpg on the highway. Check the air cleaner, tire pressure, etc. to see if there's anything holding you back.

My 97 OBW (4EAT) averaged around 23-24 in city/commuting use during winter. In spring and fall it did about 1 mpg better. You have a lighter car, with a smaller displacement engine, and manual.

Who Dares Wins

スバル

23.4 is about average. I got the same on mine. My 05GT 5-spd will get better if I keep my foot out of it. There are threads on here about MPG.

Yesterday, back home from VT I got 27.8 on the computer. Cruise set at 71mph.

Well I did a highway trip of 600 miles to El Paso, TX and got about 26mpg almost 27mpg and since the I-10 speed limit was 80mph, I done couple of blasts @ 108mph. So yea, on straight highway I get about 26 or so. I bet if I was doing 71mph, I probably can get close to 30mpg. We're doing a trip to Colorado this summer and I plan to do maybe 75mph or less. I will see how she does.

It's a 2.2l?

2.5L

I have a COBB cai, roof rack and tires are Kumho 215-45-17 w/ 2005 LGT 17"rims. if weight play huge part in mpg. I tried to switch gears between 2K-2500K rpms, but I love the "rev" when I open up that cobb :D. So I switch around 3K-3400k ;).

If I want to pass a SOB, 5k zoom does happen once in a while.

Regurdless how I drive, it still seems to get 23mpg in city / hwy mix, but for the most part its 90% city driving.

My 98 Twin Turbo LGT did 18.6mpg while thrashing the hell out of it (Beat 7750 rpm zoom), so 23 is nothing to complain about. Especially if you paying half of what i do for petrol ($6us/gal). My 2.2 did slightly better, it got about 20mpg - and was front wheel drive! I has a heavy heavy heavy foot

the computer says my mpg is 18.9

this is sad.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but if you calculate your actual mileage from fills, it will be 0.5 to 1.1 mpg lower than the computer.....

Sitting at red lights is not conducive to good mpg! My wife drives almost exclusively in Boston, mostly short trips, and averages around 15mpg with her Mazda MPG - which gets 25+ on the open road.

Who Dares Wins

スバル

^ ---> same here.

I do a fill up everytime, then I reset of OD / TRIP to "00", when I go for my next fill-up on the petrol, I calculate my miles / trip driven and divide that by gallons purchased on my receipt at the pump. I always seem to get about 23-24mpg (city)

This week I kept it below 70mph and changed my gears before hitting the 3K band. Looks like I maybe getting better results, maybe 25mpg :D

Nice. One extra that I have is that I never reset the trip B when I bought the Car. I have the computer keeping track of the Average for the life of the car. I figure when I finaly come time the sell tha tthe Life average should be about right with the amount of miles Iv put on it. So far its at 25.8

Archived