LegacyGT.com

New To The Lgt World!!!!

Just wanted to start off with a HELLO!!!! to everyone. I am new to the the LGT world but not suby's I've previously owned a 04 WRX and a 05 STi and I am now driving a 05 LGT. I just have some general questions because i know absolutely nothing about the LGT's. The car has the 2.5 motor but is it the same as the sti 2.5? and It has the 5 speed transmission, is it the WRX tranny? any other info or websites etc.... would be great!!

PS do you know anywhere i can find the v limited lip for these cars????

Thank You

Mike|;)

The LGT has the same basic 2.5L boxer engine as the STi. Some differences with (I believe) cams, heads so they don't push the same HP. I believe has the same tranny as the WRX but not 100% sure.

As for front lip spoiler you have a couple choices. You can go RBS front lip spoiler. The vendor is actally having a sale right now.

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84425

Another option is for the STi v-limited lip spoiler. You would have to contact japanparts.com directly. They are now in the vendors section.

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=83

A lot of the guys will flame you for posting before you search.

Good luck in your search.

My understanding is the 5MT in the WRX vs the LGT is entirely different, as the LGT functionally has what the WRX world knew as an RA gearset. This could be entirely incorrect, but I'm pretty sure I've read that several times.

As far as the engine, there's pretty significant differences from an STI to an LGT. The basic short block is similar or the same, but just about everything bolted to it is different. You can look into some folks who have done "STI swaps" to get an idea of the differences. AKLGT is the first who comes to mind there.

Not to thread jack, but this might be a proper place to ask this.

fonts, you said that the cams on the STI differ from the Legacy's. Is there much to gain from STI cams in a Legacy motor? Also, is there a set of cams that proves a worthwhile upgrade? I'm asking because I haven't seen too much talk about cams but it seems like it would benefit the engine a great deal.

I'm noticing how much more Tq these motors make than HP and wondering if it has something to do with inadequate cam profiles.

sti and lgt are the same motor. The Lgt just has a smaller turbo and different intake.
Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

Archived