LegacyGT.com

Pics of HIDs Fogs..

bgray

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since this thread is about pics of HID's, here's a couple more from a local little "mini-meet" comparo of different variations.

Left to right: '08 STI stock HID, Impreza with 4300K kit, Legacy w/10,000K kit, Legacy w/5000 kit. Both LGT's have lows and fogs with HID's.

http://i448.photobucket.com/albums/qq208/slmorsell/HIDmeet1.jpg

Another shot, same cars:

http://i448.photobucket.com/albums/qq208/slmorsell/HIDmeet2.jpg

It was snowing at the time, which made taking pictures even more challenging. You can see our lovely gas prices in the background. Still over $3.00/gallon here. Anyway, this just gives people an idea of different options and how things look. I like the 5000K LGT personally....then again, that's mine, so I might be biased. ;)

I am running 55W kits all the way around. Technically, the 5000k are brighter then 10,000k because they aren't as blue. Basically, the bluer the light, the more actual light is lost in the tint. 4300-5000k are the brightest if you measure actual lumen output.

All that said, standing out there looking at the lights from the front, you can't tell much difference. The 10,000k looked pretty bright to me. The difference is supposedly most noticed from the driver's seat. The blue light washes out on wet roads and in rain (again, supposedly). I think it just comes down to the individual and what they want it to look like and work like.

And yes, the 55w kits are brighter then 35w kits, although in the Legacy projectors the difference doesn't seem huge from what I've seen. I've seen both kits side by side (not in the photos) and there just didn't seem to be a huge difference in light on the road. I think a lot of the extra power is lost to bleeding and glare, frankly.

Great that is exactly what i wanted to know.

Also can we make the fogs turn to the outside to get a brighter spectrum I want to see deer if they are coming from the side of the road.

Thanks,

M

The fogs, as far as I know, have no horizontal adjustment, so you're stuck with their positioning. I'm not sure about other year LGT's, though. Could be different in the newer versions.

If you look back on page 3 of this thread, I've got driver's veiw pics of with and without the fogs on, and they naturally light up a good portion of the sides of the roads. The HID's carry that light a lot farther then the stock lights, so you do in essence get critter-spotters. It's good for around here...if you think hitting a deer is bad, hitting a moose is way worse ;)

Yeah, you can get the DDM's in 3K for the H3. It's all the same kit, you just get to choose what bulb size you need and what color you want. The 3k are a few bucks more for some reason, though. I personally like the look of matching fogs to headlights, but that's just a personal preference thing.

Fatbastard--I know you're worried about glare in snow. Since adjusting all of my lights, I haven't had nearly the glare issues. Got to drive in pretty heavy snow the other night and it wasn't a problem, so I think just making sure things are well-aimed helps a lot.

Yayo--I think they look about the same, really. Look at the pics...they match up pretty well.

• 3 months later...

Archived