LegacyGT.com

downpipe cat question?

sschmelcke

is the cat in the downpipe mainly used for when the car is cold? only reason i ask is im sure the main cat still does its thing when warmed up and we have somewhat strict emmisions. i just wanna make sure if i get a catless downpipe that i will still pass

What kind of catless DP are you talking about? If you get a full-length catless DP (most of them are), it's actually getting rid of 2 cats and there wouldn't be any cats at all after the turbo. If you get a shorty DP (like a Crucial of Flow) then you would still have a stock cat in the mid-pipe. The cat that is mainly used for when the car is cold is in the uppipe (before the turbo). If you're concerned about passing emission tests, your best bet would probably be to just get a DP with a high-flow cat in it.

yeah i was talking about a full length. the catted ones are so expensive so i was thinking about going catless. i think our new emmisions tests just checks for codes. we just recently changes so im not sure. if i get a shorty DP would i still be able to flash stage 2 without any issues?

Archived