LegacyGT.com

Difference in Custom tune and a reflash from Rallitek with Accesport

tommboy

Will I benefit from a custome tune done at a shop or are the performance gains seen in the Rallitek protune map loaded on Accessport almost the same? I'm curious because a tuning shop near me is offering to do a custom tune for 350 dollars and than asking another 700 for Accessport. It's between that and just getting the Acessport for 700 and loading a Rallitek protune map . Is it worth the difference or should I not waste my money, the guy there said no one can do as good of job as someone with the car right in front of them. But how much better?

I wouldn't get a protune until you do things like injectors/FMIC/Turbo/Header etc... The PDX E tunes are generally pretty good. You may see something like 5whp more but is that really worth $350 you could have saved towards a power adder? If your dead set on being content with the parts you have now then a Protune would be a good FINAL mod.

I wouldn't get a protune until you do things like injectors/FMIC/Turbo/Header etc... The PDX E tunes are generally pretty good. You may see something like 5whp more but is that really worth $350 you could have saved towards a power adder? If your dead set on being content with the parts you have now then a Protune would be a good FINAL mod.

This is what i plan on doing, once i have finished all my mods, then get a protune. If you get one early on, you may have to get another protune if you add other parts and it could get very expensive.

Stick with the rallitke maps for now, if you add a intake or some other small items try and buy from rallitek or TDC they will usually send you a map tuned for those products at a cheap price. TDC sent me a map when i bought my AEM intake from them for a extra 20 bucks.

Well I tune myself so would never do either :) However I would most definately reccommend a protune vs a OTS map. The only way to have a properly running car with an e-tune is if datalogs are ran and the map is tweaked over and over. I have seen countless POOR OTS shelf maps from different vendors, your tune needs to be setup for your vehicle. Things like boost and timing can be real sensitive. One vehicle may eat timing up why another just won't like any.

Will I see bad driving performance or weird driving performance with a Rallitek map because it is not tuned to my car?

You may not experience a thing, then again your car could be running horribly and you not even notice it.

You may not experience a thing, then again your car could be running horribly and you not even notice it.

Isn't this a possiblity with a cobb base map with their recomended mods as well?

I don't see why you are against OTS maps.

Isn't this a possiblity with a cobb base map with their recomended mods as well?

Yes and I have seen horrible Cobb logs as well....

If you were familiar with tuning you would know why I am against OTS maps ;)

i dont think he is against OTS maps. you have to understand that OTS maps are ok for "most" cars. if you're one of the few whose car doesn't run safely on an OTS map and you don't know it, thats a serious problem.

i think you just need to be prepared if you're going to run an OTS map, and have the ability to log it.

A lot of tuners won't provide e-tunes and some of them require a permanent WBO2 installed before they will e-tune a car. You need a WBO2 to tune fuel. If you don't have a WBO2, you will need to run a conservative fuel map with the stock intake.

There have been random problems with even the Cobb OTS maps. Some people need to run the ACN91 OTS map to prevent knock. If you search hard enough on this forum, you'll see that some people have had random problems. Each car is different.

Archived