LegacyGT.com

Prodrive GC05 owners

sonicjet

What tires do you use on your GC05 or did you have to roll fenders ? I have 18x8 with 235x40 Pzero Neros they rob up to the point that I had to raise my car, because on the highway bumps or pot holes outer edge of the tires get sliced little by little. Right now I have enough clearance that wheels do not go into wheel well.

front was slising rear just rubbing. I think it will be cheaper to go 225/40 then roll fenders especially not knowing anyone who can do it right and not to damage paint. The only reason I have 235/40 tires it because Ii got a killer deal on this package. I guess that what i get for being cheap

I origianlly had 235's on my 18x8 GC-05F wheels, but they rubbed in the rear. After I switched to Tokico/Ion suspension, the rears would still rub ever so slightly on speed bumps. I didn't ever want it to be an issue so I switched to 225's and have never had a problem since, including a car full of adults and luggage in the trunk. I sold the 235 tires on Nasioc quite easily.

Also, keep in mind, not all 225 or 235 tires are the same width. The measurement varies from one manufacturer to another.

ignore him, he'll go away.

i pimp 17's with my fenders rolled

im running Kumho SPT 225/45/17's and Bridgestone RE070 225/45/17's on them when i get bored of the Kumhos

You must have some crazy offset to warrant fender rolling for that sized tire... Or just planning ahead for something worthy.

...Also, keep in mind, not all 225 or 235 tires are the same width. The measurement varies from one manufacturer to another.

Yes width of tires varies from one manufacturer to another. I am running 245/35 on 18x8 et48 rims and have no rubbing issues. I have not rolled the fenders.

Yes width of tires varies from one manufacturer to another. I am running 245/35 on 18x8 et48 rims and have no rubbing issues. I have not rolled the fenders.

In this case its a wheel not a tire. Today I put on my friend's Tarmacs the same measurments and the do not rub. tires are the same.

Archived