LegacyGT.com

X02 CB vs. Megan CB

RdiggA

I am looking into purchasing a cat-back exhaust but money is sort of an issue since im a college kid. I really like the way the X02 looks but im wondering about sound. Does anyone know how much louder the X02 is than the Megan if any? i know the tips from the X02 wont line up perfect but i just dont want my car to be too loud, any insight would be appreciated. Thanks

-Rob

Why change the catback if your worried about noise? If your looking for some power invest in a DP and an AP. The stock rear cans are huge and not very restrictive until you get up to very high HP applications. Elaborate a bit on your intentions.

I have a similar problem. I am currently running a D/P, AP stg 2 and the hogzaust stg 1 mod. The hogzaust isn't bad but sounds a little bit like a lawn mower.

I would like an exhaust that sounds good but doesn't wake the baby up in the car seat. What really bothers me about the hogzaust is the loudness in the morning when it warms up. Do aftermarket exhaust do that too.

What do you recomend?

all exhausts will be louder when its cold because when your first start the car the RPM's hold higher then when the car is warm. GTtuner I currently have a perrin full length catless DP and im saving for my AP. Im not exactly worried about sound, i do want it louder and i know its going to get louder but i dont want anything absurd or droning on the highway. I guess thats what i meant by not too loud.

XO2 has had fit issues and the tips have been known to rust. MR FTW.

Or Magnaflow at @$560. Will have a deeper tone and is by no means subtle, its damn sinister at WOT :)

Borla is pretty quite at highway speeds.

all exhausts will be louder when its cold because when your first start the car the RPM's hold higher then when the car is warm. GTtuner I currently have a perrin full length catless DP and im saving for my AP. Im not exactly worried about sound, i do want it louder and i know its going to get louder but i dont want anything absurd or droning on the highway. I guess thats what i meant by not too loud.

If your looking for power gains, skip the CBE and get the AP. You'll get more power with the AP vs. CBE. Since your not worried about sound too much...why bother? If you want the "look" just have some different tips welded on to the stock cans. Or pick up some Prodrive cans. Very nice sound, not too crazy. Send a PM to Waxiboy he's had them.

The MR exhaust no question has a more precise fitment, however the down side is it is not compatible with the stock configuration/mufflers. Combined with the stock or catted DP it is very subtle and smooth. However if running catless it loses its smoothness and get very throaty/raspy.

The X02 exhaust will need some great TLC for proper fitment, they also have had recent problems with forming rust over time in the colder climates. The sound is to me very "ballsy" very deep and aggressive while not being overly loud with the resonated version. Running it catless really doesn't affect the tone so much but it will bring the volume up.

I say it really is up to the look you are going after X02 being the "modfied look" while MR being the "sleeper".

With that being said I currently run the X02.....

^^^ i do like the look of the X02 thats what got me thinkin about getting that over the MR, but i wasnt aware of the rust issue. That is a big turn off, i guess the MR will be worth the extra money.

Understood, same concerns I have about a CBE. Problem is you won't know until you spend the money, then your stuck if you don't like it. Everyone has a different thresh hold of what they feel is acceptable. I like my car quiet, but there are times I wish it made a racket.

Don't count out Magnaflow. $100 less than MR and IMO looks better and is way deep without the raspiness. You could have a muffler added to the 3" section to tone it down and still be around the same cost. Maybe someone in your area has one you could hear.

Magnaflow....

DSC_0235.thumb.jpg.975e8586a2e997ae4bef9a02339da5b9.jpg

1478481888_Picture6.jpg.41d5a485901baae0fb81c007984cc5ec.jpg

404208161_Picture5.jpg.76eda027832887e83572c0f5f3e87c6b.jpg

2053062852_Picture4.jpg.804dbd4c563033b74509c43df034e9d7.jpg

Understood, same concerns I have about a CBE. Problem is you won't know until you spend the money, then your stuck if you don't like it. Everyone has a different thresh hold of what they feel is acceptable. I like my car quiet, but there are times I wish it made a racket.

Your never stuck. Ever check out the classifieds?

Full turbo back. Crucial Racing shorty DP and Midpipe w/HFC. It's a very deep burble and gets mean at WOT. Cruising at 80MPH can be loud at times. However I have heard of some members having success with adding a muffler to the 3" section. Forget the little cylinder silencers they only reduce volume by about 5%, an oval style muffler will reduce it 15-25%. I've thought about doing this, but really love the sound 90% of the time. It's just that 10% (with the wife in the car) that I consider looking into adding a muffler. JStaggs just got the MF set up after riding in my car. Send him a PM to get his thoughts, but from your description you'd probably need to add a muffler to tone it down. Bottom line....would cost about the same as MR. But IMO looks better as it has smaller cans and a better looking tips.

If you like the single tip (per muffler) style, here are a couple pics of the new MR single tip catback:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v117/lawtheflaw/rearview.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v117/lawtheflaw/topsideslant.jpg

Here is a vid clip as well. Fully catless car: Megan Racing dual exhaust with stock manifolds video by Pisadong - Photobucket@@AMEPARAM@@http://vid6.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid6.photobucket.com/albums/y207/Pisadong/DSCF0669.flv@@AMEPARAM@@vid6@@AMEPARAM@@6@@AMEPARAM@@y207/Pisadong/DSCF0669

What's nice is if you decide that it's too loud as is, all you need to do is insert the included silencers in the tips and your car will quiet down to this: Megan Racing dual exhaust with stock manifolds and silencers video by Pisadong - Photobucket@@AMEPARAM@@http://vid6.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid6.photobucket.com/albums/y207/Pisadong/DSCF0670.flv@@AMEPARAM@@vid6@@AMEPARAM@@6@@AMEPARAM@@y207/Pisadong/DSCF0670 It's hardly louder than stock.

thats my car. i love the exhaust. it's very subtle.

it sounds like as if there's a subaru next to you and it's got a very quiet exhaust on.

doesnt even sound as if its coming from your car; that's how quiet it is.

car for sale. PM me!

Archived