LegacyGT.com

Sub 5 sec Legacy's?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll never understand why folk want to discuss hypotheticals. It's as bad as a 'Future Mods' list. Hypothetical performance discussion AND future mods lists are simple attempts for folk to get praise for something they haven't yet done.

I was at a burger king parking lot once. I was next to a dude in a WS6. We were chatting it up when I asked if he'd ran at the local drags.

"No...but it'll do 12s."

"So you have run it?" I asked

"No. But the previous owner said he ran 12.9, but that was before the CAI"

"But what would you run in the car?"

"The car could run 12s easy"

"With you driving?"

I believe a large portion of folk buy go-fast parts, because it's easier to dump on horsepower than to buy Talent.

A STOCK LGT could run sub-5 seconds to 60mph with enough weight removed.

(shrug)

SOLD | '06 spec.B - VF52/AVO/740cc/Up/Down | 238awhp | 50-80mph 3.1 seconds.

Even if it's possible, why would one want to thrash the Holy Hell out of their car just to hit a number? I wish magazines would also post up some average 0-60 times for cars driven in relatively sane manners as well... I'd think a 5-60 mph time would be more telling than a 0-60. With AWD, they can just dump the clutch at 4,000 rpms and pull a great number, but it's not telling the whole story.

Having had my LGT for about a month, I'll say the car is quick, but it's not all that fast. My old Buick will demolish it, but I guess it's all relative. Someone else could easily spank my Buick and say it's slow as well, lol.

Just enjoy the car and treat it well :p

No mass = no weight. No weight is not = no mass.;)

Only true in outer space. you are having rouble applying theory to real life situations. weight pertains to situations with gravity. since there will be a situation ever where you will not have constant gravity acting on your car, weight~mass.

Only true in outer space. you are having rouble applying theory to real life situations. weight pertains to situations with gravity. since there will be a situation ever where you will not have constant gravity acting on your car, weight~mass.

:rolleyes:

weight = mass X gravity

come on its high school pyhsics

Weight is mass X acceleration.

On earth, acceleration is the force of gravity. Mass is constant. Gravity(or acceleration if you will) is not.:p

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

The best 0-60 time for the OEM 06 Spec.B is 5.1 seconds. I love posting that stat and then hearing the excuses and rationalizing:lol:

BTW, I've never had the "studder" either.;)

PS Spec.Bs don't need the "Spec.B button" which apparently is an aftermarket LGT mod that is as effective as an aftermarket CAI. :lol:

I can tell you are very proud of Road and tracks 0-60 time of 5.1

for the spec b, but it isn't mcuh better than car and drivers 0-60 of 5.3 they got with the 07 LGT (non spec balogna)

But it is better. ;):lol:

is there a recent test of any non spec B LGT for comparison? I know that there are alot from 05 that are a tad slower than the R&T test you spoke of... but the more recent LGTs have different ecus and slight other tweaks- and perhaps are a bit stronger than the original GTs. there are dyno's on this forum that indicate that as well- or at least they indicate there is no real difference between any lgt engine, powerwise.

Do you really think if you take an LGT spec B and Non-spec B from the same model year there is a power or acceleration difference? Is there any evidence of that- or are all the mag results you are using to say its "better" really not applicable because they are testing different MYs?

Archived