LegacyGT.com

Couple of Subaru (Liberty in Australia) Legacy Nav installs

icacha

its the customers original bezel i cut the guts out of, sorry, now i get what you wanted to ask me posts ago :p we call the bezel a fascia plus i was getting confused with the aftermarket part from Japan...

Oh. I was hoping it was a stand alone part without modification necessary. Oh well. the hunt continues...

OK that makes sense now, and why you were painting it :)

BTW, what did you use to paint it?

We got a guy (Uticolor) that comes out and colour matches what we build.

Other examples of custom dash's, the one in gold you will not know in the US, its a Ford (Aust) custom dash...

802550861_BACentreStackLR.jpg.4b742e6f1e9c4faeecd802b5d4acd902.jpg

Dodge_HAZ3_034.jpg.47d113bac50cd7549216a16ff32721dc.jpg

DSCF0855.JPG.e9788e7c48e2068daa75c5d0699ae9a1.JPG

DSCF2043.JPG.dc3d32162c50885ded8bbacd99b15073.JPG

P1020028.JPG.1c9f200d9a453c3e6864e0da0a8db72a.JPG

P1020404.JPG.77dcb3339963e7082eb3ea022c8142a1.JPG

Hi ICACHA from a fellow Aussie in Perth WA

Couple of questions for you.

1. You mentioned with the reversing camera you were worried about water could you elaborate a little further, I was thinking of mounting my camera where the license plate lights are so essentially the camera would be pointing down and with a rubber seal I think it should be pretty water tight.

2. How did you route the cables from the rear of the car to the front, I am looking at using a rear mirror clip on LCD and would need to get the cables to the roof of the car at the front, which path do you reckon would be best? Also have you ever taken the roof trim off how easy is it?

3. Do you also know where the reverse gear sensor cable is in the car as the reversing camera needs to splice into this wire to enable automatic switch to the rear camera when the reverse gear is selected.

Any help would be great

Cheers

Joel

Hi ICACHA from a fellow Aussie in Perth WA

Couple of questions for you.

1. You mentioned with the reversing camera you were worried about water could you elaborate a little further, I was thinking of mounting my camera where the license plate lights are so essentially the camera would be pointing down and with a rubber seal I think it should be pretty water tight.

Same place I mounted it, but you can't do it easily and keep water out of the trunk (boot for us), thats why I surfaced mounted it and yes it does look out of place. Nothing is impossible, just possible with customer funds as I don't go that far out of my way for free...

2. How did you route the cables from the rear of the car to the front, I am looking at using a rear mirror clip on LCD and would need to get the cables to the roof of the car at the front, which path do you reckon would be best? Also have you ever taken the roof trim off how easy is it?

Go up the C-Pillar and along the roof, but you will need to get cables down for power to the mirror.

3. Do you also know where the reverse gear sensor cable is in the car as the reversing camera needs to splice into this wire to enable automatic switch to the rear camera when the reverse gear is selected.

Any help would be great

Cheers

Joel

At the tail lights.

Regards,

George

Same place I mounted it, but you can't do it easily and keep water out of the trunk (boot for us), thats why I surfaced mounted it and yes it does look out of place. Nothing is impossible, just possible with customer funds as I don't go that far out of my way for free...

Go up the C-Pillar and along the roof, but you will need to get cables down for power to the mirror.

At the tail lights.

Regards,

George

Thanks mate do you need to take the roof trim off or can you route the cable using a bit of wire along the roof?

Thanks again,

Joel

Archived