LegacyGT.com

Potential buyer claims to have reported my VIN for modifications

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FWIW, AVO now sells a carb legal downpipe, so you can go stage 2 legally in CA.

Impossible, because the law says you can't use aftermarket cats on a car less than 10 years old, period. And it wouldn't be "legal" anyway since you're changing the map on the computer. Plus, doesn't the CARB "legal" pipe still eliminate one cat?

I can appreciate the efforts to curb air pollution. It just sucks that the public bears so much responsibility whereas the trucking industry continues to use old lorries that spew tons of crap.

+10^10

My motto on dealing with crazy people. Just ignor them. Never ever respond to any communications, never acknowledge their existance.

They all go away when they realize they can get absolutely nothing out of you. But he will harass you more, the more you react to him.

Oh, man. I'm guessing this guy showed up from a Craigslist ad. I always put in my ads that I'll delete any responses without a phone number.

Send the jerk a pic of my car. Note the Massachusetts plate and ask him what he means by smog. Tell him he can see the car in Boston anytime between 9am and 4pm.

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r127/Jackffr1846/LGT1.jpg

jack http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r127/Jackffr1846/Animationhr1.gif

Yeah, I've ignored him... I think someone here or at nasioc emailed him (which isn't what I intended by posting) and called him a "douche bag." Also it's not like I committed a felony because I've never even registered the car in California - it's still got Nevada plates!

Funny thing is I think the folks over at Nasioc got a little too worked up because the thread seems to have been deleted... heh.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived