LegacyGT.com

Xenon Lights, has anyone upgrade?

Too bad this is not an option for the car.

Why?

Don't need them.

Waste of money.

Increases the price of car.

Invites more thieves.

Raises your insurance cost due to theft and/or front end damage.

Our projection beams do very well.

Why?

Don't need them.

Waste of money.

Increases the price of car.

Invites more thieves.

Raises your insurance cost due to theft and/or front end damage.

Our projection beams do very well.

And how would a thief tell if we have HID's or not? Seems to me like our projectors will get stolen anyway.

And how would a thief tell if we have HID's or not? Seems to me like our projectors will get stolen anyway.

At least you wouldn't have paid $400 extra if your projectors are stolen.

Personally I don't get why everyone wants more low-beam light. They are already excellent and adding HIDs, unless they are self-levelling, will only serve to blind on-coming traffic. When I'm on low-beams, it's either because I'm already in a well-lighted area or I have oncoming traffic. Either way more light makes little or no difference.

High-beam is where it matters, and my $34.00 9011 HIR bulbs gave me plenty of light!

Geez you guys!!!! I get a kick out of the HID hater crowd, hahahaha!!

It's like a horse with blinders on. Don't knock what you haven't tried or seen. Big improvement to the stock halogens. And the guy that burnt his WRX to the ground...well...I won't go there. All I can say is anyone without any +12V electrical backround shouldn't be messin' around wiring things up on this car. I've heard of people doubling fuse sizes, not properly grounding the ballasts etc. - that's stupid.

I have HID on my Maxima.

Sure looks cool when you first turn on the lights.

But worrying about thieves and the FACT my Maxima's insurance is

more than my 05 LGT's and my 98 Toyota Corolla combined gives me

every reason to KNOCK HID's. When I asked my insurance company why my

now 3 year old (2002) Maxima's insurance is more expensive than my brand new

2005 Subaru....well, after research they found HID headlights are stolen a lot, and the Maxima is one of the highest.

Don't need them, wouldn't pay for the extra surcharge for them.

Unless you live in the sticks and need the extra light, for 99.9% of my driving

the projectors beams do just fine. And as stated by someone else, when more light is needed on a dark or curvy road, I just reach over and switch on the high beams.

yeah I understand the reason why people would have them....... Theroretically the brighter lights let you look further down the road. Thats why the germans added them to their cars to increase their sight lines on the autobahn. However, I live in an urban area where all of the freeways are well lit, adding HID's to my car would be purly bling bling, like the jackasss that drive with their fog lits on all the time. Hell if you like blue lighting why not throw blue neon under the car too!

HID is a lot more marketing then reality. Witht he ridicously low speed limits we have in this country highest last time I checked it 75mph you probably are just fine with the legacies high beams at night.

a true xenon d2s projector setup is amazing. just one will typically outperform two halogen lamps combined. it saved my life 3 times while traveling to and from penn state on rt80. true the legacy has some bright projectors but they cant match a xenon setup. and in rain forget it. xenon wins hands down. again im not talking about kits becuase there are no standards. as far as blinding people that should not happen especially since an h7 projector has the same focal point as a xenon d2s. if aimed correctly you will not blind anyone. however a bumpy road and a stiff suspension may get you flashed. any projector lamp should have self leveling motors. i dont know why subaru skipped out. almost every audi and bmw projector lamp i have taken part since 2000 has had them. halogen or xenon.

also i am extremely happy that xenon didnt come standard on the gt ltd.

i would hate to pay more for the car and have higher insurance and have theives looking for my lamps. as soon as i get another ballast im throwing in a 4100k oem bmw d2s system. not gonna swap the projector though. not worth it. maybe down the road for a valeo bi-xenon projector.

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

The self-leveling isn't quick enough to react on bumps, you'll flash people anyway.. It's mostly compensation for a full tank of gas, heavy acceleration, up and down hills..

Any of you JDM people know if the stock HID setup over there uses self leveling motors? Do they use the same projectors as the Halogen lamps?

You guys don't know what you're missing. These kits aren't crap (at least the one I got isn't) Very straight forward stuff here guys.

To say HID is more marketing than reality...get out of the friggin' stone age dude. HIDs technology far surpasses the halogen technology.

What gets me is if the car came with HIDs...you guys would be all over 'em like flies on ****. Oh but it's marketing!!!! Bwahhahah!!!

I'll enjoy my superior light output and you keep those blinders on....

Archived