LegacyGT.com

RalliTEK V2 Skid plate install.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 5 months later...
I am currently trying to install this and i'm having more trouble with the front two 10mm bolts. The two 10mm x 30mm bolts that attach at the front of the plate don't seem to be long enough. I tried using the longer bolts that came with it, about 48mm, but this offsets the back by a whopping 3 inches. Did you have trouble with the front bolts at all?

I am currently trying to install this and i'm having more trouble with the front two 10mm bolts. The two 10mm x 30mm bolts that attach at the front of the plate don't seem to be long enough. I tried using the longer bolts that came with it, about 48mm, but this offsets the back by a whopping 3 inches. Did you have trouble with the front bolts at all?

Send some pics to ralliteksubaru@yahoo.com maybe I can help

Sean S.

http://www.RalliTEK.com

• 2 weeks later...

Any word on the oil changes?

And just how much clearance are we losing here?

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

• 1 year later...

just to update this, with the fumoto valve, i put on a clear hose about the same diameter as the nipple, and changing oil in this with the skid plate installed couldnt have been any easier. i have grown use to just using a K/N oil filter or a fram, and clearance isnt a problem.

so result is, oil change is easy, filter change is easy with this skid plate.

OTM.

Sorry I didn't mean to start a war which mainly forum people is all about ;).

A piece of road debri killed my oem skid plate, the left side is ripped and hanging while the right side is just dangling there. I didn't see the long piece of metal in the fast lane until it was too late to do anything. The rain made the fresh new hottop as pitch as black.

• 2 months later...

Archived