LegacyGT.com

RalliTEK V2 Skid plate install.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
no fatigue issues. Even though i had to bed the tabs to align the bolts it did NOT stress the tabs any. Trust me, this thing isnt going anywhere. Its still doing good. I swerved to hit a rabbit but it got away.

hahah, this has been quite a hilarious thread.

06 TB EVO IX SE stock turbo monster subaru hater :lol:

Well i will say this. If it wasnt for this skid plate i would have drowned the motor out last night.

All of this melting snow and rain has left alot including my town in a flood. Well the road wasnt marked but there was standing water. When i seen it, it was too late. So i tapped the brakes, and let off of the gas and hit it. You could tell the water was under me. But i felt like a boat going across it. It is hard to explain. you could just tell that the skid plate took it nicely. So it saved me. So another nice feature. Not only can you decapitate squirrels and make a nice tong sound with a little rabbit, but now you can ski. It keeps getting better. :lol:

OTM.

Sorry I didn't mean to start a war which mainly forum people is all about ;).

In that case I really need to get one, I bet it would make driving through deep snow more fun also. It might make the car slide over the snow better, like the OLD VW bugs with the flat underbody.........:iam:

It would take a while for fatigue cracks to show. Aluminum, sharp bends, vibration...

Interesting point about water - we killed the crappy OEM battery with a trip through a ~6" puddle (may have been a coincidence).....

Looks like they addressed all the issues from my testing of the V1.

Notice any aero benefits, particularly high-speed stability?

Any cooling issues?

06LOB2.5i MT, JDMRSB, GYTTs, HPS, LGT Mufflers & Leather Wheel, SubiMomo Knob, Inalfa Moonroof, Clutch Switch Bypass, DeDRLd, DeChimed, & Straight Headrest.

Well i noticed alot of i guess you would call it vibration when i didnt have a skid plate on. Now that this is on the vibration went away and just feels alot better. I havent went above 80mph. No need too really. So i cant help you there. But no cooling issues.

OTM.

Cool. Just in time for my wife's birthday!
06LOB2.5i MT, JDMRSB, GYTTs, HPS, LGT Mufflers & Leather Wheel, SubiMomo Knob, Inalfa Moonroof, Clutch Switch Bypass, DeDRLd, DeChimed, & Straight Headrest.

The V1 I tried had flat washers.

Rage - Have you tried to change the oil yet with this new skidplate? I'm concerned that it will drain out on the topside of the skid plate of it after you initially remove the drain plug. I'm also concerned about the same issue with the oil filter.

The OEM plastic cover has a nice "semi-funnel" (for lack of a better word) to prevent this from happening around the drain plug...

nope, havent changed the oil yet. But its a nice size round hole. As you can see in the picture ( oil filter.)

Maybe sean and his crew can chime in?

OTM.

like i said, i would be lieing if i gave you an answer. If sean or someone from RalliTEK can get on here and verify this stuff i am srue alot would appreciate it.

OTM.

I've replaced my drain plug with a fumoto valve (which are awesome BTW) and I'm almost certain it would shoot oil out over the top of that skid plate if there was nothing to redirect it.

Just connect the plastic hose to your fumoto valve to drain directly into your pan. Mess free... Should have been provided with your valve when you bought it.

My VB Garage... Pumping the air back into despair

Easter bunny down.

Skid plate knocked him out while the front right tire came in for the finishing move.

OTM.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived