LegacyGT.com

HID ?s

CRAZY KEN

Low Beam H7

Hi Beam 9005

Fog Light H3

Is there a company (http://www.hidexpress.com) that has all three "plug and play" (utilizing stock OEM connectors) HID kits at a color temp between 4200-5200K...looking for hi lumens!!!;) And here is the catch, the H3 HID bulb has to clear the stock fog light housing!!!

Thanks,

There is one company that says/claims it'll work and they are selling all three for $957 shipped!!!

CRAZY KEN

U want HID for all 3?!?! That's crazy, Ken! Not necessarily a bad idea, just a crazy concept. Go for it, dude. I can hear the people now...."Is that a low flying jet? No! It's Crazy Ken, HID demi-god!" Lol!
:orly:YA RLY!!! Home of +2500 useless posts!!!!

On my old MY99 GT I had 9007 HID conversion kit, which eliminated my hi beams! So I took out the factory foglight assembly and put http://www.suvlights.com 3" HID driving light (aimed them down and angled them to the far sides) and the center air dam I put a pair of Sylvania's xenarc (aimed them high).

All three of them were different systems...color temps were different...but no problems what so ever...not even dimming of my lights with my +1000 watts system!!!

The BEST part, I don't have to keep on replacing bulbs every month/ every other months!!!

http://www.hidexpress.com looks very temping!!! And at that price...I think it's worth it! Hell, back in the day for $957 you can only buy 1 to 1.5 HID kits!!! I am just praying that the H3 HID bulb will fit!!!

Just imagine:

H7 halogen Silverstars 55watts/1350 lumens/4000k

9005 halogen Silverstars 65 watts/1700 lumens/4000k

H3 halogen Silverstars 65 watts/1310 lumens/4000k

IN TOTAL: 185 watts/4360 lumens @ 4000k

(spec. from http://www.sylvania.com)

vs.

H7 HID 35 watts/3200 lumens/4300k

9005 HID 35 watts/3200 lumens/4300k

H3 HID 35 watts/3200 lumens/4300k

IN TOTAL: 105 watts/9600 lumens @ 4300k

6000k = 3000 lumens

8000k = 2800 lumens

10,000k = 2600 lumens

(spec. from http://www.hidexpress.com)

Now, if only I can get the foglights to stay on while the Hi beams are on I'll be a happy camper!!!

CRAZY KEN muhahahaha

"Power is nothing, if you can't handle it, stop it or see!!!"

HIDs in Highs as well as lows is very understandable.

HIDs in FOGS is just crazy. The beam pattern of the projector projects something like 50 feet, and wide, HIDs would be expensive overkill when the HID low beams are on. The color temp of HIDS is the wrong end of the spectrum for inclement weather, anyway.

If you want the ultimate, go with HIDs high and low, Yellow halogen fogs, and HID Driving lights from Hella or PIAA, or something in the lower intake, possibly pointed higher or wider than the High beams (if they are long and narrow, point the driving lights slightly wide, if the highs are wide beams, point the driving lights level or a degree up and straight ahead)

Wire them for park or low with fogs, high beams with driving lights. It will likely be slightly illegal, due to lows, highs and driving lights on the "high" setting. More than four "headlights" is technically illegal, but if there is a cop in front of you, you'd likely be using low beams (or lows and fogs) anyway. It will also be technically illegal to have aftermarket HIDS installed, as well.

HIDs in Highs as well as lows is very understandable.

HIDs in FOGS is just crazy. The beam pattern of the projector projects something like 50 feet, and wide, HIDs would be expensive overkill when the HID low beams are on. The color temp of HIDS is the wrong end of the spectrum for inclement weather, anyway.

Yep, he's completely right. Putting HIDs in fogs will just cause more reflection back into the driver's eyes and not improve visibility. Combine that with the wrong color temperature, and you will probably reduce the performance of your fog lights. In fact Daniel Stern explains why that is quite well, and he even refused to sell me HIR bulbs (not as bad as HIDs) for my fogs, recommending that I buy cheaper Narva all-weather bulbs instead.

HIDs in the high beams though, that I would like!

Regarding HID photography, the ideal would be decide upon a single color temp to use as the reference for 85% gray, then when photographing the differences between stock and HID bulbs, be sure to use all the same settings, such as apeture, exposure, focal length, et cetera, so that while it may not necessarily bewhat we saw, it will be a fair comparison between the two pictures.

Of course you need a camera with manual control to be able to do this, but when I take care of my HID installation, I intend to follow this procedure....

...for all of your opinions! I have seen vehicles that have HID low beams with halogen fog and HID low beams with yellow halogen fogs (i.e. Lexus IS300) on the streets many times and, to me, I think it looks akward and fugly. To me, if they don't match up (i.e. all 3)...it will f-up the Feng Shui of the vehicle!!!

I like things to match...have a theme...have everything flow!

For example, one of the main reason why I bought the 18 x 7.5 Prodrive GD-06 British Black is because Rays Engineering manufactured them for Prodrive...Just like my Volks LE37K 17 x 7.5...both are forged monoblock and 16 some odd lbs!!!

When I purchased a rear Vacanza(gold color) swaybar...I MUST purchase a front Vacanza swaybar...even if it was a front Cusco(blue color) swaybar- it would annoy/irritate me! Spec-wise they are exactly the same...except for the color!

Now back to the subject, I love the Silverstars that I currently have on all three...a lovely upgrade from stock, but I miss, very much...my old setup...I am sorry for the disagreements, but I WILL do it!!!

...and you can take that to the BANK!!!

Muhahahahahaha,

CRAZY KEN;)

Archived