LegacyGT.com

DIN in glove box?

Bingo. The Nav system uses a DVD system to retrieve map data. It also has a GPS system to tell you where you are relative to the map. The DVD/GPS unit is housed in the glove compartment. DIN stands for Deutsches Institut fur Normung. It's a German body that establishes standards, similar to the US ANSI (American National Standards Institute).

The GPS is only being installed in some markets around the World. The unit is not being currently installed here in Australia either as an standard or option. If a screen was installed and not the GPS, this could be also used to measure boost and temps, similar to the R34 GTR V-Spec. (Exhibit A Yellow GTR in the above profile picture).

[quote name='agctr']The GPS is only being installed in some markets around the World. The unit is not being currently installed here in Australia either as an standard or option. If a screen was installed and not the GPS, this could be also used to measure boost and temps, similar to the R34 GTR V-Spec. (Exhibit A Yellow GTR in the above profile picture).[/quote] :lol: That would be awesome if they had a screen like that.

I know, I cant remember where I saw the actual picture, but it was a USDM car but it definately had the same sort of dials inside the screen as the GTR. This may have been a total upgrade by the car's owner.

I noticed it was much wider then DIN as well, it almost looks like 2x DIN wide, but the height looked right. I'd have to measure it to be sure. -Allen

[quote name='CombatCQB']I wished I had measured it too so I can see if those 2.5" high mini-ITX cases will fit.[/quote] I got a micro motherboard for $5, and my plan is to track down a tiny case like that maybe and see what I can do with it. Yeah, I like to tinker. :D

Sort of like what that one guy did in his um, I think it was maybe an Audi? I saw pics of the process on another forum. Holy schnike did the guy do an awesome job! Looked like it was actually part of the dash.

yea, I saw that too. He made a custom skin for the MediaEngine interface. I'm going to work on one for the Legacy too. What I'm really interested in is using the PC to collect sensor data just like the JDM Nav system. It'll display boost, intake temp, oil temp and EGT. I just picked up a 4 ch. USB data logger along with a boost sensor and a GM IAT sensor to play with. If it works, the setup would only cost about $150 total (w/o the PC) On top of that, I just found out that the G-Tech Pro Comp might be able to stream data real-time to PC if they add the feature to the new firmware. That could mean the PC can store RPM data, acceleration/decceleration data, and lateral G data. Data like that would be very useful on track and autocross for post driving analysis.

Archived