LegacyGT.com

converting h7 hid kit to d2s?

naimouasta

ok so i just ordered a 5000k h7 55watt hid kit and still waiting for it. i'm sure i will be happy with it and it will be an improvement over stock whenever i receive and install it. however in the future whenever i finally have the funds and the balls to take my lights apart and do a retrofit, is it possible to convert my h7 kit to a d2s kit? other than bulbs what would i need if possible. the color output is result of the bulbs correct? are there 35w and 55w specific bulbs? just some questions i want to shine some light on :lol:.

honestly at the point you want to go DS2 you might as well sell your hid kit and find used OEM parts to set up your retro. There is tons of usefull info here on how to do it, and plenty of members willing to help out.

Good luck with your kit install and remember to fill the hole in your stock projector (another thread in this section gives you the how to)

If you'd like to use your ballasts from the kit with new D2S bulbs after doing your retrofit, you'll need an adapter with a D2S bulb fitting on one end and the standard connectors for the ballasts you find in the aftermarket HID kits on the other. Something like this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/D2S-D2R-HID-BULB-ADAPTERS-AFTERMARKET-OEM-BALLASTS-AMP_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ36476QQihZ020QQitemZ300204101744QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW. I'm not sure about the 35w and 55w specific bulbs, but if I had to guess I'd say that there probably are specific bulbs for each.

Archived