LegacyGT.com

Show me what you Tow with you LGT

I bet its all hiding behind the panels in the interior. I installed my hitch myself. I had to get into the rear quarter and remove the factory connector and wire it manually to the Draw-tite wiring. No biggie.

you get one of those hidden hitches too? Im interested in getting one this spring for my 06 GT

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well the one I got is not hidden, actually quite ugly..Its a drawtite, the last one on my WRX was very clean looking but this one not so much.. It bothered me for a couple of days but Whatever, it would bother me more not to be able to tow my moto.

Well the one I got is not hidden, actually quite ugly..Its a drawtite, the last one on my WRX was very clean looking but this one not so much.. It bothered me for a couple of days but Whatever, it would bother me more not to be able to tow my moto.

what type of hitch is it and is it class II or class III Class III is the 2 inch square class II is the 1 and a quarter inch square

what type of hitch is it and is it class II or class III Class III is the 2 inch square class II is the 1 and a quarter inch square

I think its class 2, its this one..

http://www.drawtite-hitches.com/products/Receiver_Hitch,90138

and now I see "(2005 Subaru Legacy Wagon ): Except Sport"

Does that mean our GT's???

I need to call the place that sold it to me.

Just confirmed its the correct hitch.. It mounted fine so I didnt question it.. Anyway I would try to find one that doesn't show so much. one advantage to that one is that it has a 3rd mounting point. Unlike the others in that link.

So another advantage of a hitch is when you get rear ended like I did on Valentines day! My car was hit buy not totally destroyed like the mini van that hit me.. Her car was totaled.

I have a full-up picture someplace with my Yakima Sky-box Pro 16 on-top and this trailer on behind. Makes quite an easy load-out and tow. Love this trailer - it holds an amazing amount of gear and you barely even know it's on behind. The one behind the Toyota FourRunner is the exact trailer we have as we bought it from this couple.

SBT

GWAT_Sport_Trailer.jpg.e9b75540ffd9708c1db32764ed6e09d4.jpg

1313299276_LGAATSportTrailer.jpg.343a37ef294430fd4e47f304b69fb726.jpg

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

No pics. I have a 4'X8' tail. My last job was to clean-up all my scrap steel & old 4x4 truck part at my & my parants house. I went across the scales at 1600lbs. :eek: didn't think it wqas that much. The GT towed it with ezzz.:)

Mike

Mileage:331487 Retired/Sold

No pics. I have a 4'X8' tail. My last job was to clean-up all my scrap steel & old 4x4 truck part at my & my parants house. I went across the scales at 1600lbs. :eek: didn't think it wqas that much. The GT towed it with ezzz.:)

Mike

what hitch do you have, and do you have any pics of it. im looking into getting a hitch

what hitch do you have, and do you have any pics of it. im looking into getting a hitch

The only one I have right now. It's a Draw Tite.

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l293/HAMMERDOWNGT/100_3750.jpg

Mike

cool thanks, I have been reading the manual and it doesnt appear to void any warranty stuff by having a hitch it even talks about weights and such in the manual, as far as your aware it doesnt void any warranty right?

The only one I have right now. It's a Traw Tight.

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l293/HAMMERDOWNGT/100_3750.jpg

Mike

cool thanks, I have been reading the manual and it doesnt appear to void any warranty stuff by having a hitch it even talks about weights and such in the manual, as far as your aware it doesnt void any warranty right?

No warranty problems. The owner book state the LGT can toe upto 2700 lbs.

No warranty problems. The owner book state the LGT can toe upto 2700 lbs.

IIRC, anything above 1000 lbs should be equipped with trailer brakes for safety reasons.

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

IIRC, anything above 1000 lbs should be equipped with trailer brakes for safety reasons.

SBT

Different rules for different for different parts of the world.

Here in Sweden we have the following regulations:

Max 80km/h for:

- Trailer with brakes.

- Trailer without brakes if the weight of the trailer is below half that of the towing vehicle.

Otherwise it's 40km/h.

And if the combined weight of car and trailer is above 3500kg or the weight of the trailer is greater than the weight of the car you need a special driving license.

But there is usually no requirement for electrical brakes on trailers for passenger cars. A mechanical brake acting on the push of the hitch is sufficient. Works for most load situations, and I think that the only problem that you may run into is the risk of oscillating braking if you happen to get into resonance with the whole system. Other brake systems can be trickier since the brake force has to be adjusted according to load. Not that it is impossible with modern technology and truck trailers are pneumatic and newer truck trailers are also equipped with ABS.

453747.png

The rules for trailer brakes in the US vary by state, from all (North Dakota) to 1,500 lbs to none.

MA does not have a limit, but all the surrounding states do: 3,000 lbs except RI (4,000).

Personally I don't like to tow anything that weighs more than 2,000 lbs without trailer brakes, even with our cargo van, which weighs over 5,000 lbs.

Who Dares Wins

スバル

my boat trailer combo with gear and a full tank of gas is probably over 1500lbs but I have a lot of towing experience Im pretty good at not pushing the brakes on trailers not equipped with them. Grew up hooking the truck up to the horse trailer for my parents when i was 12-13, Towed a jetski behind truck 15-17, worked for a landscaping company for 3 summers driving '97 a 5 speed F350 with a 460 or a 96 F350 Power stroke doolie with dump bed (either with a 20 foot mower trailer and 3 mowers) and I have had boats since i was a kid

I just want to tow the jetboat with the car once and a while. We have a pickup truck with a v8 but going the 6 hour trip to upstate NY id rather take the car and have the car up there for local driving around.

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj167/mattmw88/118_1825.jpg

After serious shoveling, we got the explorer stuck...We were trying to take some goods to the local dump that closes at 12:00 noon on Saturdays. It was 11:45 and the dump is a ways away...

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj167/mattmw88/118_1822.jpg

Up for grabs! slightly used toilet... sellin it REAL cheap!

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj167/mattmw88/118_1837.jpg

After a hard day's work...

• 1 year later...

1100 mi. CO to IL. Summer. Air Conditioning would occasionally allow the needle to climb above normal temp by about a millimeter--> A/C was turned off most of the time... but some times it's just too sweaty, ya know? About 2/3 rear suspension travel (before bumpers/helpers) remaining. (est ~ 200lb tongue weight via (human) squat scale)

DSC00375.thumb.jpg.4b8db4fef91b01fb126db7bec7b62156.jpg

DSC00371.thumb.jpg.688ed1272f2530ddefecf092a9200312.jpg

Archived