LegacyGT.com

Show me what you Tow with you LGT

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
yeah wish you were closer so we could go out for a ride. have you been on any of the seadoo jetboats. lots of fun. this video isnt my boat but its the same year same model...

people turn heads when i unload and they hear that 2 stroke burble and rumble and then their jaws drop when i start the second engine. 2 engines in a 14ft 6 inch boat is wa wa wi wa

I hear ya. I will be towing our '98 Challenger 1800 (twin 800's 18foot) with my '05 OBXT. I was using my '97 outback sport to tow it this past summer, but it was a little...overwelmed.

1100 mi. CO to IL. Summer. Air Conditioning would occasionally allow the needle to climb above normal temp by about a millimeter--> A/C was turned off most of the time... but some times it's just too sweaty, ya know? About 2/3 rear suspension travel (before bumpers/helpers) remaining. (est ~ 200lb tongue weight via (human) squat scale)

I towed one of those 6x12s from NE Maine to SoCal. 3700 miles and elevation from Sealevel to >8500 ft. 5640 lbs tow weight... obviously not with any of the Subes... Once rolling, you hardly knew it was back there. Hard to load so you don't have at least 200 lbs of TW, especially with the dual-axles. I think dry the thing is about 1200 lbs.

Probably okay with a stock OBXT setup, but I definitely wouldn't attempt it with the LGTW lowered or even with the stock suspension. Way too much movement for that.:eek:

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

It's actually 1800 lb. dry. I think I put about 1000 or 1200 lb of stuff into it. Acheiving that tongue weight was fun, a lot of heavy items went in the back at the end. I figured I was within the european towing spec, so what the heck. It definitely was not 5000lb and from inside the car felt more like the weight of the car as far as the tail wagging the dog, braking, acceleration etc. Merging onto the highway was not really a problem... 70 mph+ cannot control sway if it gets established by a passing suburban or something, needed to fall back down into 60s to eliminate it.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't think that there will be a problem doing that, just take care to find one that has relatively low aerodynamic drag. Weight shouldn't be an issue in your case.

But it depends on how often you need to tow around the bikes and how far you are driving. A cheap covered truck can be an alternative. I think that U-Haul sometimes sells old trucks.

453747.png

Anyone tow a 6x10 enclosed trailer often? I am either going to need to sell my LGT and purchase a truck and a beater or keep the LGT and buy a 6x10 enclosed trailer...I would much rather keep the LGT. Looking to tow 2 sportbikes at the heaviest.

My office mate tows one and sometimes two rather large sport bikes with his 07 WRX on an open 5x8 trailer. Any reason you'd need to go with a full 10'er? Seems like a 5x8 enclosed might be a better alternative. Something like this or possibly this?

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Archived