LegacyGT.com

What are LEGACYGT's loyalties?!?

Bradkx

I recently got reprimanded and insulted by a moderator for informing a member that he might have been taken advantage of by a seller in the "Member Classifieds" section.

So where do the loyalties lay?

A) to the member selling the product?

B) to the member buying the product?

Just wondering, before I invest any time in the forum. Are we protecting the uninformed, or are we helping sellers prey on people? I refuse to part a part of the latter.

-Brad

No... what really happened... is that a member had a FS thread for All weather mats... for a fair price, IMHO.

You jumped in to link several other places that mats could be had cheaper. That is what we call grapping on another FS thread and it won't be tolerated.

BTW.. if his prices were so bad... why did both sets sell within a week?

:spin:

BTW..the seller in question has been a member since 10-2005 and has over 5,700 posts. This wasn't a sale by some brand new member. This individual knows his LGT's and is a contributing member of this board...

Oh yeah... I should have said that the answer is BOTH A) and B) unless there is some type of apparent fraudulent behavior. ;)

It is up to the buyer to make a responsible decision. There is no reason whatsoever that they cannot ... and should not... research the best deal possible.

Bradkx

Total Posts: 1 (0.02 posts per day)

Welcome Brad! Perhaps next time you'll participate in this forum before starting trouble. :)

okay, I'll play (thanks for the invite mccorry:lol:).

The thread in question was mine. New OEM winter mats sell for ~$40 online, including the set I bought from subaruparts.com. I had two sets of good condition front mats that I deemed to be worth a hair less than $20 so I priced them at $25 shipped. Shipping ended up costing about $8 so in fact, the mats sold for $17.

OEM winter mats are not as thick as they look and have been known to wear out. I thought some members out there might be interested in replacing their worn front mats, or pairing them with aftermarket floor liners. The front mats are not, to my knowledge, available independent of the rears. I believed this to be a fair deal and a good opportunity for those who might need them. In fairness, the money recovered after expenses was nearly not worth the time it took to list them, answer questions, sell them, pack them, and ship them.

I paruse the classifieds quite often as I find it hard to resist a good deal. Often times I'll find an add for an item I find to be grossly overpriced based on market value. rather than hurt the seller's chances for a sale by posting in their thread, I PM them with my thoughts. More times than not, they PM me back, thanking me for my input, and adjust their price accordingly.

I would like to take this opportunity to publicly apologize for plundering the online Legacy community for $17. Twice. I hope I have not hurt the community a second time (or is it third?) by tainting Bradkx's opinion of this forum and preventing potential useful posts from him in the future. Who knows, maybe he'll be the next rclark0032.

ignore him, he'll go away.

Guest heightsgtltd

Is it just a coincidence that Bradkx and Randy are both from NH? :lol:

I am not satisfied with this apology. I think it should be in written form :p

Is it just a coincidence that Bradkx and Randy are both from NH? :lol:

I am not satisfied with this apology. I think it should be in written form :p

I know where you live you ******* faggot.:mad:

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

Guest heightsgtltd
I know where you live you ******* faggot.:mad:

Good, I know where you live too

Post reported scumbag :mad:

I recently got reprimanded and insulted by a moderator for informing a member that he might have been taken advantage of by a seller in the "Member Classifieds" section.

So where do the loyalties lay?

A) to the member selling the product?

B) to the member buying the product?

Just wondering, before I invest any time in the forum. Are we protecting the uninformed, or are we helping sellers prey on people? I refuse to part a part of the latter.

-Brad

Sellers preying on people? :lol: For a set of used floor mats? :lol: Come on, you're being a drama queen, and I mean that in the nicest way possible. ;):p

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

Archived