LegacyGT.com

Spec.B brakes/rotors same as LGT?

starla79

For a small amount of background, we're leasing an 05 LGT and the lease is up in October. We've been trying to decide what to get as a replacement, and after being told that our extended warranty doesn't cover the crappy brakes/rotors that had to be turned again (they were done about 12k miles ago -- less than a year) at our expense, I'm about sick of throwing money away on this car. I kind of want an 06 spec.B to replace it with (if i can find one) and I was wondering if they use the same soft rotors and brakes as the LGT does, or if Subaru put decent ones on the spec.B that we aren't going to have to replace right away.

I read quite a bit about re-bedding here but have no idea where we could do such a thing around Atlanta... the roads around where we live have too much traffic to do it safely, so in the end we just paid to have the rotors turned and sure enough, the vibration goes away. I love Subaru's 'it's a feature, not a bug' attitude about stuff like this... no other car we've owned has had so many problems with the stock equipment being inferior and wearing out so quickly. And since it's a lease, it doesn't make sense to put on better brakes/rotors... if we got a spec.B we probably would, unless the stock equipment is better on those, which I'm hoping.

:whore: 40K on original pads and rotors, no problems. Plenty of threads on here about upgrading. Possible you have some other problem leading to premature wear? Most dealers' service departments are a joke, try to find a good performance shop to check your system.
You're just jealous that the Voices talk to Me. :cool:

I have a Spec.B. No issues with brakes .... actually still running all original pads and rotors. Have 55,000 km+. Have not turned the rotors.

That being said I do have replacement Hawk HPS pads and DBA 4000 rotors which will go on my car when I change to the summer setup.

Turning rotors is very counter productive in my mind. So the cost a good qaulity rotor, why bother. With spirited driving, and heavy braking, it becomes very easy to warp a thinned out amchined rotor.

At least from my customers, turning is never the right route.

Probably having so many issues due to them being cut to many times

• 2 years later...
Not sure about '06, but the newer Spec.B's do have slightly larger and thicker rotors than the other GT's front and rear, everything else is the same

2013 Ford Taurus SHO

2009 Spec.B SWP Stg 2+ Airboy tuned

2010 Toyota Sequoia Platinum 5.7

Not sure about '06, but the newer Spec.B's do have slightly larger and thicker rotors than the other GT's front and rear, everything else is the same

This is incorrect. All pre-2010 Spec Bs and LGTs use the same brake rotors - check Brembo or DBA, they're the same part#.

Kyle "BlackHole"

This is incorrect. All pre-2010 Spec Bs and LGTs use the same brake rotors - check Brembo or DBA, they're the same part#.

Well, not sure where you got that info, but my '09 brochure states this clearly and lists the specs. If you don't believe me I'll get the numbers....

2013 Ford Taurus SHO

Numbers listed in this thread: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/lgt-and-spec-b-brakes-and-rotors-samei-136519.html

**EDIT**correction** size differences shown are between the MY09 n/a models and the specB, no GT sizes are listed on the brochure - apparently no GT's (besides specB) were sold in Canada MY09 (my bad)

2013 Ford Taurus SHO

Archived