LegacyGT.com

Running STG II no tune

terrangama

Hey,

Right now my car's ECU is screwed because of the fan relay recall. They are in the process of ordering me a new one which should get here in a few days, but until then I have to ride a car that, as the worker called, "valet mode". He told me that the car reverts to something less than stock because of the fried ECU.

So my question is how bad it would be if I ran a stock tune on a STG II car. (The only none standard stage II part on the car would be cosworth racing cams)

-sean

You will be fine and as WT said you will probably have a CEL and blinking cruise light from the rear o2 sensor. Other than that I think the rev limiter is a lot lower than the normal redline so you might hit the fuel shut off early if you have to give it some gas and wind it up on an on-ramp. Just take it easy and all will be fine.;)
Let's kick this pig!

You'll be fine Sean. Just drive normally. Give me a call so I can schedule some dyno time for you so that I verify the tune on the new ECU. Hopefully the new ECU will be far more cooperative than the old semi-dead one was when I tuned your car ;)

Archived